Pot Black

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Pot Black

Post by bobsboots »

Any snooker players out there? I remember, years back, that Bangkok had snooker halls all over the place. Are there any in PP? If so, anyone want to meet up for a few games and some beers?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Pot Black

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bobsboots wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:55 pm Any snooker players out there? I remember, years back, that Bangkok had snooker halls all over the place. Are there any in PP? If so, anyone want to meet up for a few games and some beers?
there is mate, the one i went to was decent,
and each table had your own personal Khmer girl assistant who would place all the balls and keep the scores for you etc :thumb:

ill drop you a PM if/when i go again
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:12 pm
bobsboots wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:55 pm Any snooker players out there? I remember, years back, that Bangkok had snooker halls all over the place. Are there any in PP? If so, anyone want to meet up for a few games and some beers?
there is mate, the one i went to was decent,
and each table had your own personal Khmer girl assistant who would place all the balls and keep the scores for you etc :thumb:

ill drop you a PM if/when i go again
Nice one, mate. And a girl to keep my balls in place as well.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

That sounds great, any pool tables or strictly snooker?
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

theres one behind the post office , next to the volley bar courts. I used to play there.
One across from Lonestar bar, off of 172( used to be) as well
ONLY snooker tables

Bet Trapper knows where they all are,just ask him :stir: :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

What part of town are you in, Bob? I'd be up for a few games if anyone is in/around Boeung Tompun and knows of a place with tables - I think there's one behind Wat Sansom Kosal.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

StroppyChops wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:23 pm
What part of town are you in, Bob? I'd be up for a few games if anyone is in/around Boeung Tompun and knows of a place with tables - I think there's one behind Wat Sansom Kosal.
Moving there on Wednesday from Jakarta. Maybe a couple of nights in PP to see some friends before a short holiday but will then be based in PP, possibly around 172 area.We shall meet for sure for a few games and beers.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

bobsboots wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:28 pm
Moving there on Wednesday from Jakarta. Maybe a couple of nights in PP to see some friends before a short holiday but will then be based in PP, possibly around 172 area.We shall meet for sure for a few games and beers.
I'm up for it, but not on a school night! We should make a CEO event out of it. I've met one or two lurkers who need to come out of the lurking closet!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

StroppyChops wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 pm
bobsboots wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:28 pm
I'm up for it, but not on a school night! We should make a CEO event out of it. I've met one or two lurkers who need to come out of the lurking closet!
Sounds like a plan.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:17 pm That sounds great, any pool tables or strictly snooker?
no pool tables but they did have some pool balls that the khmers were playing with on the table behind ours (you can see in the pic)
although they werent playing pool but some game involving money
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic