Expats of tourists ?any Questions on KoW ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Expats of tourists ?any Questions on KoW ?

Post by Username Taken »

mauser765 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 pm I could happily live in the middle of nowhere.
Would you like us to get a GoFundMe going to help you on your way?

:popcorn:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:34 pm it is all about the pollen and nectar for me.
looks like i will be kinda camping here and there in a few different locations.
hope i don't get malaria or the AIDS
you can get that from mosquitoes now
steung treng will become a major development entrepot in the next few years, well planned by Laos,Cambodia, and China.
it is probably a better long term bet than Koh Kong.
One of our members has some experience homesteading along the upstream side of the falls- where you can go shopping in Laos without being stamped in and out.
one of the last permeable borders in the region in large scale.
ie; sneaking through minefields in jungle not required.
you just get on a boat
Don't fall out the boat there are mines in the river.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Since Trapper doesn't have a clue, can we come back to this:
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 am
Can a Thai visit Preah Vihear on the Cambodia side?
I'd imagine they can if they enter through an official border? It was probably a bit more of an issue a few years back when they were firing artillery at each other but it's still a sensitive issue. What's the answer Richard? 8-)
Where do the bats hang out in Battambang?
It's a pure coincidence, involving extensive limestone caves and the Khmer for Loss of Stick.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:34 pm steung treng will become a major development entrepot in the next few years, well planned by Laos,Cambodia, and China.
Indeed, ST town is already a major drug-trafficking centre for Laotian, Chinese and Khmer, so watch where you put your bees. Last time I was there was about 2 years ago, and I've never lived there, but it was strikingly small, dirty and unpleasant. Just my personal opinion, I've never liked it, but perhaps other people have some more positive things to say about it ?

Did you ever think of Kratie ? It's out of the way but very chilled, and only 4 hours by minivan to PP now, and about 3 hours to the Laos border. Don't think there is a problem with pesticides - you'd have to check - we saw a lot of butterflies recently if that means anything. There's a WWF place in Kratie tied in with the dolphins and Mekong conservation. How much land do you need for your hives ?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:30 pm
Are you kidding? The admins see him as a cash cow - regardless of the "this belongs to all of us!" mantra
We've banned him several times. I've never wanted him banned. So, Einstein, can you explain that one for me? Why have I never wanted him banned? Because I have some superhuman skill that allows me to read what I want to read, skip over what I don't, and....this one is really something special.....I have a superhero-like skill that allows me to open a topic I realize I'm not interested in, and here is the magic part of it.... I have the ability to NOT open it again!!!

So huff and puff all you want Stroppy about how I'm some dictator and you and all the other peasants have no say around here, lol... You know you just like prodding me and stirring the pot.

For the record, some members have been kind enough to take the time and report him through our system (which is designed specifically for this reason, who would have thought...) and even his karma shows that he's not thought of very positively by some, so ALL of these things are taken into consideration when deciding what to do with which members, etc...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
theghost
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by theghost »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:39 am Since Trapper doesn't have a clue, can we come back to this:
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 am
Can a Thai visit Preah Vihear on the Cambodia side?
I'd imagine they can if they enter through an official border? It was probably a bit more of an issue a few years back when they were firing artillery at each other but it's still a sensitive issue. What's the answer Richard? 8-)
Where do the bats hang out in Battambang?
It's a pure coincidence, involving extensive limestone caves and the Khmer for Loss of Stick.
That's a trick question because the answer is probly changing depending on Cambodia Thai relations at time.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

theghost wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:43 pm 440 and Cambodia expats online you all would obviously know I have lived in Cambodia long term and know more than your fare share about the country and customs.

Hence I am now willing to take questions and answers about KoW including strict exact prices

If you have any thing you wanna know from a REAL EXPAT who actually lived in KoW and worked in KoW then please don't be shy to ask.
If this were a poll, my vote would be; Who gives a fuck?
theghost
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by theghost »

soup wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:08 am
theghost wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:43 pm 440 and Cambodia expats online you all would obviously know I have lived in Cambodia long term and know more than your fare share about the country and customs.

Hence I am now willing to take questions and answers about KoW including strict exact prices

If you have any thing you wanna know from a REAL EXPAT who actually lived in KoW and worked in KoW then please don't be shy to ask.
Since I been in and out of KoW since back in the day I'm just telling it how it is.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

theghost wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:18 am

Since I been in and out of KoW since back in the day I'm just telling it how it is.
Most people keep their dick in their pants, unless they're dysfunctional and they need some narcissistic supply...
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

theghost wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:18 am

At the same time you still dodge the issue of letting us know how long exactly you have lived in Cambodia and if you exactly did anything apart from staring at walls and haggling over the price of a pineapple. Learning English was obviously not an activity you engaged in.
Locked Previous topicNext topic