Friends in Phnom Penh Raise Money for American STEFFEN GOLTRA in Calmette Hospital While His Organs Fail

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Friends in Phnom Penh Raise Money for American STEFFEN GOLTRA in Calmette Hospital While His Organs Fail

Post by General Mackevili »

Well, having your organs failing while attached to a bunch of tubes and wires in Calmette Hospital (where you basically go to die) is not a good position to be in. Friends look to be raising funds for Steffen Goltra, and I can only hope they know how grim his situation is. I don't know him, but I'm sure he has a bunch of friends around town:

His ever growing bill at Calmette:

"Dear friends, as you may all know that Steffen Goltra is in critical condition at the ICU Rm. A 29 at Calmette Hospital. I am raising funds to help with his hospital bills. All donations will be recorded and forwarded to his bill. You can wire the donations through Wing, myself or Tonet. We can also pick it up when we get off work. Thank you in advance.

Update: Hospital bill from 28th~30th August. This will still go up as he needs to stay longer in the hospital. All tests done but they're gonna re~evaluate him after 72 hours. If things turn positive, he will be out from the ICU and be moved to a ward.
"

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Friends in Phnom Penh Raise Money for American STEFFEN GOLTRA in Calmette Hospital While His Organs Fail

Post by phuketrichard »

thats ONLY a $2,000 bill>
u mean to say he doesn't have that much $$, a credit card, or 1 or 2 close friends??
thats more sad than him being in icu
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Friends in Phnom Penh Raise Money for American STEFFEN GOLTRA in Calmette Hospital While His Organs Fail

Post by angkorjohn »

How old is he? Looks below 35 reminds me of that young guy jimmy from po last year. Hope he has a better outcome
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

What's wrong with him? Why are his organs failing? He looks quite young and healthy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

No travel insurance ?, or medical insurance if he's living there

Hope his friends have the money to pay for him
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 pm What's wrong with him? Why are his organs failing? He looks quite young and healthy.
Could be many reasons,for instance i was in Mongolia and came down sick with the shits,thought i had just got a bug but seven days later my limbs began to swell,so i had a major choice flight home or a Mongolian hospital.I chose a very long excrutiating flight home,I did have insurance but decided the NHS was the place to be.Got off the plane at heathrow and just collapsed.Ambulance to hospital where after a few days they found out my kidneys had packed up about 5 days previously,never did figure out the cause.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

andy1 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:49 am
John Bingham wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 pm What's wrong with him? Why are his organs failing? He looks quite young and healthy.
Could be many reasons,for instance i was in Mongolia and came down sick with the shits,thought i had just got a bug but seven days later my limbs began to swell,so i had a major choice flight home or a Mongolian hospital.I chose a very long excrutiating flight home,I did have insurance but decided the NHS was the place to be.Got off the plane at heathrow and just collapsed.Ambulance to hospital where after a few days they found out my kidneys had packed up about 5 days previously,never did figure out the cause.
And then you decided to live in Cambodia where the health care is of much higher standard than Mongolia ? :popcorn:
Just kidding, but wondering. That's major shit.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

andy1 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:49 am
That's scary as shit. I definitely need to think about getting some travel insurance, as sooner or later tiger balm is not going to be enough.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

u'd be surprised how good tiger balm is.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

He was born in 81 - hope he get's himself sorted
https://www.facebook.com/sralang.apsara
https://www.facebook.com/steffen.goltra

"The lab result says severe pancreatic disorder and most likely kidney failure"

Don't make a fucking joke of it. Either help Steff or shut the fuck up.
Locked Previous topicNext topic