Friends in Phnom Penh Raise Money for American STEFFEN GOLTRA in Calmette Hospital While His Organs Fail

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ronny
BANNED

Re: Friends in Phnom Penh Raise Money for American STEFFEN GOLTRA in Calmette Hospital While His Organs Fail

Post by Ronny »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:33 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 am True dat. Ultimately though, I figure life's a bitch and you never know when your numbers up. If my number comes up because I can't afford 100k in medical, then so be it....

I don't just imagine but many people on this site will have lost family members and loved ones. And more then likely friends overseas.
Insurance, you have or not have, simple choice of your own. Afford it or not. I myself never had. I was quoted recently a premium of $1500.
Of course, most can't afford 100k if shit really hits the fan, and many are not willing to cough up 1.5k a year for medical insurance you probably don't use anyway because the chance you will spend over the deductible is small.

But this thread is about a 36 years old chap ending up in the hospital due to pancreatic problems not being able to cough up 2k USD that might safe his life. That's just sad I think.
Yup, 2 grand is a petty amount and it's sad this guy can't even cough up that much. And since it's such a petty amount I'm sure you'd have no trouble helping out a bit? :dm:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Friends in Phnom Penh Raise Money for American STEFFEN GOLTRA in Calmette Hospital While His Organs Fail

Post by Kammekor »

Ronny wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:29 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:33 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 am True dat. Ultimately though, I figure life's a bitch and you never know when your numbers up. If my number comes up because I can't afford 100k in medical, then so be it....

I don't just imagine but many people on this site will have lost family members and loved ones. And more then likely friends overseas.
Insurance, you have or not have, simple choice of your own. Afford it or not. I myself never had. I was quoted recently a premium of $1500.
Of course, most can't afford 100k if shit really hits the fan, and many are not willing to cough up 1.5k a year for medical insurance you probably don't use anyway because the chance you will spend over the deductible is small.

But this thread is about a 36 years old chap ending up in the hospital due to pancreatic problems not being able to cough up 2k USD that might safe his life. That's just sad I think.
Yup, 2 grand is a petty amount and it's sad this guy can't even cough up that much. And since it's such a petty amount I'm sure you'd have no trouble helping out a bit? :dm:
2k is not a petty amount, but it's less than a new Honda Dream is worth, so you can hardly call it a fortune.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"2k is not a petty amount, but it's less than a new Honda Dream is worth, so you can hardly call it a fortune"
LOL
since when is a honda dream more than $2,000?
$2,000 grand is a small amount and far far from a fortune. Anyone that cant scrape that much together on his own or via close friends in 24 hours....
What future will they have when they get older and no jobs?
You cant live month to month all ur life
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
theghost
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by theghost »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:48 pm
"2k is not a petty amount, but it's less than a new Honda Dream is worth, so you can hardly call it a fortune"
LOL
since when is a honda dream more than $2,000?
$2,000 grand is a small amount and far far from a fortune. Anyone that cant scrape that much together on his own or via close friends in 24 hours....
What future will they have when they get older and no jobs?
You cant live month to month all ur life
Tell that to the million of locals in SEA who have no choice in the matter.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

The moral judgement: you don't have much money, ergo you are a person of less value.

Pathetic.

I have always said, if one has to come to Cambodia to voice your financial superiority, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Even if you were in NY/Milan/London or Beijing, what kind of loser thinks character depends on money, or judges people based on their money?
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I am NOT talking about Locals, BUT about expats that choose to live in SE asia

Does not make you less of a person if you have no money, BUT I think, one should be responsible if they choose to live outside their own country and not have to resort to a go fund me page when things fuck up

Your free to twist my words anyway that suits you and Vlad is very very good at that....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

mauser765 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:35 pm The moral judgement: you don't have much money, ergo you are a person of less value.

Pathetic.

I have always said, if one has to come to Cambodia to voice your financial superiority, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Even if you were in NY/Milan/London or Beijing, what kind of loser thinks character depends on money, or judges people based on their money?

I don't want to name names, but there is one guy on these threads who seems to be particularly hard on people that he deems to be "lesser off" than he himself is. He supposedly lives off the mainland to the west of where you are but that's all I'll say.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

Now, now, Richard, calm down.

You seem intent on personal attacks, instead of debate.

My point is that you, who have enough cash (we have no way of knowing whether this is from Mother Theresa activities or from selling drugs), seem to be looking down on people who cannot raise 2K for medical.

Obviously, everybody WANTS medical, but you seem to consistently describe people who do not have 2K for same as 'stupid'.

So, by your logic, poor people are stupid, and rich people are smart?

No offence, but isn't that judgmental/stupid/arrogant?.

The point is, it is not about stupidity, but circumstances.

But you patronisingly refer to anyone who can not afford the 2K as 'stupid'.

Sorry to say it, but it reeks either of arrogance or stupidity.

Can you tell us which it is?
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

u can say its me, i dont care,,,,, easy to attack someone online isn't it??
I just believe one should be able to take care of ones self and be prepared, Take that anyway u wish...

I am out of this thread.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:59 pm u can say its me, i dont care,,,,, easy to attack someone online isn't it??
Indeed.

Simply copy and paste a link from 440.com with an agenda, and then pretend people are being unfair to hold you responsible for your own actions.

Terrible world.

It's like people who don't earn enough being held responsible for not having healthcare...oh, wait... :wink:
Arthur Schopenhauer
Locked Previous topicNext topic