HALF DAYS HELP/ WORK PLEASSE: Looking for someone to help with half a days research???

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
London1
Tourist
Great Britain

HALF DAYS HELP/ WORK PLEASSE: Looking for someone to help with half a days research???

Post by London1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi All... I am looking for some help for a project I am working on. It involves obtaining a Cambodian driving license and documenting the process along the way. Requirements would be:
A hold a valid driving license from any of: UK, USA, CANaDA, AUSTRALIA, HK, SINGAPORE, NZ, EU
Have a valid Cambodian visa
I would off course cover all the costs + Beer money ++
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Re: HALF DAYS HELP/ WORK PLEASSE: Looking for someone to help with half a days research???

Post by rick_o'shea » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 pm

I can do that . Sort it via PM.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: HALF DAYS HELP/ WORK PLEASSE: Looking for someone to help with half a days research???

Post by StroppyChops » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Not looking to take money out of Rick's pocket, but that is going to be a very, very short piece of research.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
London1
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by London1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 pm

rick_o'shea wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 pm
I can do that . Sort it via PM.

thanks. sent a PM
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:22 pm

1. Go to Lucky Lucky with passport, 4 photos, and your foreign license.
2. Pay $50 conversion fee.
3. Get receipt, leave.
4.????
5. Collect new licence.

I'll divulge #4 for a box of Cambodia.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:29 pm

Why $50?

I paid $35, and pretty sure that was a rip off.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:57 pm

epidemiks wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:22 pm
1. Go to Lucky Lucky with passport, 4 photos, and your foreign license.
2. Pay $50 conversion fee.
3. Get receipt, leave.
4.????
5. Collect new licence.

I'll divulge #4 for a box of Cambodia.
No, not any more. My license is sitting in limbo after leaving it with LL - they say the process has changed, you can now only "do it" through the government.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 pm

First time is probably $50, subsequent years $35. Can be done for $12 if you're willing to go to the ministry a bunch of times to do the paperwork and exams.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic