Pepe & Co - Restaurant Review

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Pepe & Co - Restaurant Review

Post by cptrelentless »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:43 am Titanic still does a great meal for a very reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had terrible food in Titanic, plus the service is appalling. The cordon bleu, something anybody should be able to do, was dry, chewy with a lump of phlegm on it. The steamed Red Snapper was reasonable, but the 60 minute wait in between me getting served and the fish coming out was not really acceptable. It's certainly cheap, but the ingredients are commensurately cheap.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:16 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:43 am Titanic still does a great meal for a very reasonable price.

I've had terrible food in Titanic, plus the service is appalling. The cordon bleu, something anybody should be able to do, was dry, chewy with a lump of phlegm on it. The steamed Red Snapper was reasonable, but the 60 minute wait in between me getting served and the fish coming out was not really acceptable. It's certainly cheap, but the ingredients are commensurately cheap.
i do like Titanic, its great value for money, and have been eating there for years
their service can be on the slow side though for sure
never really had much issue with the food though, $3.50 for "Cordon Blue" is great value
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I've never had a bad meal at Titanic and we eat there often now that Aqua is closed.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Peter
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Peter »

Looks great but quiet mixed menue, gulash is hungarian, cevapcici is croatian, tzatziki is greece aso. sure worth a try.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

Yes, Croatian, that's what I was thinking of, thanks.

Must say, it looks good, and unusual fare.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The cevapcici is divine too!

willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Most atmospheric venue in town to take visitors to. There is not too much to complain about in such a lovely setting. I have always wondered who owns it.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Oh and try the tzadziki, but make sure you ask them to bring it before the meal.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Nothing wrong with Titanic, but it offers nothing on its menu that isn't offered in 50 other similar places. Sure, its cheap and pretty good food, but not spectacular by any means. There is only so much you can do to Chicken Cordon cheese (not Bleu, because they don't use blue cheese), spaghetti bolognese, barracuda, red snapper etc after all, but nothing about it other then those 2 points make it stand out. Add $1 to each dishes price and watch the crowd dry up.
Irish cottage, @Home and Pepe's offer an imaginative menu with seriously good food. Not particularly cheap, but their food is worth every cent of what is charged and it shows by the fact that they do good business even in this cheap charlie town. Olive and Olive used to be ok, but have gone down hill big time in the last 3 years. Good menu, not bad prices, but the food quality is absolutely terrible now. Lemon Grass were excellent about 3 or 4 years ago when they had the Ozzie head chef, since he left.... Sokha and Independance hotel's are an absolute disgrace.
Also, the Japanese place at Queenco is excellent. I'm not really a fan of Japanese food, but have heard enough comments from people who are, to know its pretty damn good!
That's about it for town. 4 restaurants that are better then "cheap with 1/2 way decent, but same same, food"
Pretty poor actually when you think about it :(
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Onami at Queenco is great!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic