Street 172

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
bobsboots
Expatriate
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:10 am
Reputation: 83
Great Britain

Re: Street 172

Post by bobsboots » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 pm
bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm
Finally moving to PP soon and as I have a good friend living near 172, I will stay there for 2 nights before heading down to Snooky for a well deserved break.
I have read, here on CEO, many disparaging comments about 172. Is it that bad ? Why?
I also notice that some posters quite like the place. I hear you can get a damn good English Brekkie there at Sony Side Up and Blue Dolphin ( Jamie would be able to confirm this) so it can't be all that bad.
When it comes to street 172, what is the general consensus here ?
And yes, thanks Trapper, we know what yours will be.....
no too familiar with the full english brekki scene in PP as i have a few favourite khmer noodle joints round the corner from my regular guesthouse that i stay at,
but i will be starting a thread in a couple of months as i will be on a mission to search for the best breakfasts in Phnom Penh/SHV etc
Good on ya, keeping our traditions alive, will be glad to help. Once brekkies have been done, we can start on fish 'n' chips .
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13609
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1810
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Street 172

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 pm

bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 pm
bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm
Finally moving to PP soon and as I have a good friend living near 172, I will stay there for 2 nights before heading down to Snooky for a well deserved break.
I have read, here on CEO, many disparaging comments about 172. Is it that bad ? Why?
I also notice that some posters quite like the place. I hear you can get a damn good English Brekkie there at Sony Side Up and Blue Dolphin ( Jamie would be able to confirm this) so it can't be all that bad.
When it comes to street 172, what is the general consensus here ?
And yes, thanks Trapper, we know what yours will be.....
no too familiar with the full english brekki scene in PP as i have a few favourite khmer noodle joints round the corner from my regular guesthouse that i stay at,
but i will be starting a thread in a couple of months as i will be on a mission to search for the best breakfasts in Phnom Penh/SHV etc
Good on ya, keeping our traditions alive, will be glad to help. Once brekkies have been done, we can start on fish 'n' chips .
haha there has been a number of threads about fish and chips, a long one on the other forum, it was a big thing last year haha

i will also be hunting down some decent pies too :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bobsboots
Expatriate
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:10 am
Reputation: 83
Great Britain

Re: Street 172

Post by bobsboots » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:03 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 pm
bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 pm
bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm
Finally moving to PP soon and as I have a good friend living near 172, I will stay there for 2 nights before heading down to Snooky for a well deserved break.
I have read, here on CEO, many disparaging comments about 172. Is it that bad ? Why?
I also notice that some posters quite like the place. I hear you can get a damn good English Brekkie there at Sony Side Up and Blue Dolphin ( Jamie would be able to confirm this) so it can't be all that bad.
When it comes to street 172, what is the general consensus here ?
And yes, thanks Trapper, we know what yours will be.....
no too familiar with the full english brekki scene in PP as i have a few favourite khmer noodle joints round the corner from my regular guesthouse that i stay at,
but i will be starting a thread in a couple of months as i will be on a mission to search for the best breakfasts in Phnom Penh/SHV etc
Good on ya, keeping our traditions alive, will be glad to help. Once brekkies have been done, we can start on fish 'n' chips .
haha there has been a number of threads about fish and chips, a long one on the other , it was a big thing last year haha

i will also be hunting down some decent pies too :beer3:
I left England in 1987, and haven't lived there since. Although I heard the company no longer exists, the best pies by far were Bowyers Pies. Chicken and ham, steak and kidney, pork. I really miss them. I don't know if they were still around while you were growing up there.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13609
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1810
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Street 172

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:54 am

bobsboots wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:03 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 pm
bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 pm
bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm
Finally moving to PP soon and as I have a good friend living near 172, I will stay there for 2 nights before heading down to Snooky for a well deserved break.
I have read, here on CEO, many disparaging comments about 172. Is it that bad ? Why?
I also notice that some posters quite like the place. I hear you can get a damn good English Brekkie there at Sony Side Up and Blue Dolphin ( Jamie would be able to confirm this) so it can't be all that bad.
When it comes to street 172, what is the general consensus here ?
And yes, thanks Trapper, we know what yours will be.....
no too familiar with the full english brekki scene in PP as i have a few favourite khmer noodle joints round the corner from my regular guesthouse that i stay at,
but i will be starting a thread in a couple of months as i will be on a mission to search for the best breakfasts in Phnom Penh/SHV etc
Good on ya, keeping our traditions alive, will be glad to help. Once brekkies have been done, we can start on fish 'n' chips .
haha there has been a number of threads about fish and chips, a long one on the other , it was a big thing last year haha

i will also be hunting down some decent pies too :beer3:
I left England in 1987, and haven't lived there since. Although I heard the company no longer exists, the best pies by far were Bowyers Pies. Chicken and ham, steak and kidney, pork. I really miss them. I don't know if they were still around while you were growing up there.
bit of nostalgia for ya mate lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
mauser765
Expatriate
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 am
Reputation: 55
Albania

Re: Street 172

Post by mauser765 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 am

bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 pm
mauser765 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 pm
bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pm
Sounds all right to me for a short stay.
Thus begins yet another 'meet local woman, get married, have kids, stay for 20 years, become grizzled expat saga'.
Didn't realise you knew me and can judge people so confidently from a simple comment. Says a lot about you
I usually do it before they make a comment, for example if they're sitting outside alone. :D

Whew, touched a nerve, methinks.

Why so serious?
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
User avatar
Micmac
Expatriate
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:56 am
Reputation: 34
Australia

Re: Street 172

Post by Micmac » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:19 am

St 172 is a good place to have a few drinks,have a few mates that live on or near 172 and they wish to move,only because its only to tempting to go out every night and have a few to many.

As for the brekki,I eat at my local Khmer noodle place out at TTP... not into the english brekki thing...

But i have been told lonestar do an excellent breakfast.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
User avatar
mauser765
Expatriate
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 am
Reputation: 55
Albania

Re: Street 172

Post by mauser765 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 pm

I think Blue Dolphin and several others are better value - Rising Sun, for example.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
User avatar
Digg3r
Expatriate
Posts: 1642
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm
Reputation: 57
Korea North

Re: Street 172

Post by Digg3r » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:21 pm

bobsboots wrote:
mauser765 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 pm
bobsboots wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pm
Sounds all right to me for a short stay.
Thus begins yet another 'meet local woman, get married, have kids, stay for 20 years, become grizzled expat saga'.
Didn't realise you knew me and can judge people so confidently from a simple comment. Says a lot about you
Don't worry about him. He's speaking from his own personal experience.
User avatar
mauser765
Expatriate
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 am
Reputation: 55
Albania

Re: Street 172

Post by mauser765 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Image
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 661
Australia

Re: Street 172

Post by rozzieoz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Try Eric Keyser for breakfast - or any meal actually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post