Visa Extension Costs: Any Updates?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Visa Extension Costs: Any Updates?

Post by Arget »

Picked up passport yesterday. Having had several EOS on EB visa I changed to ER visa this time. Same price, no problems .
I think some agents are playing games to elicit a few $$$ more for their "official contacts" giving them a heads up on meanings and possible upcoming changes.

Recommendation: Talk to a few agents and you will find a common understanding. Choose what visa EOS you want and comply with directions.
Cheap is not always the best for advice or results.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

I don't suppose anyone has any knowledge on how easy/hard it is to get student visas? The information that I'm looking for particularly is regarding whether or not I can get a student visa while studying online with a foreign university.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Spoke on the phone this morning with a 2 star immigration official, I wanted to visit him at his pochentong office but he changed location, so instead I talked face to face with a junior officer at the visa desk.
Both told me the same line: ordinary visa situation unchanged both in terms of cost and requirements. The junior officer was even more straightforward as he implied that the announced change implied such a mess that policy was reversed before it started to take place.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

siliconlife wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:40 am I don't suppose anyone has any knowledge on how easy/hard it is to get student visas? The information that I'm looking for particularly is regarding whether or not I can get a student visa while studying online with a foreign university.
It is only available to students studying at a registered Cambodian educational institute, you need to have an official letter from the educational institute which states what you are studying and the length of time you will be studying.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

theghost wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:47 pm Hi best visa shop in SR is next to Thai hoot shopping mall towards the bridge on the left cheap prices and good services .

I live here I know there little tricks thank you very much
Er...what? Sorry, Trapper, but I thought you were in Japan right now.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

siliconlife wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:40 am I don't suppose anyone has any knowledge on how easy/hard it is to get student visas? The information that I'm looking for particularly is regarding whether or not I can get a student visa while studying online with a foreign university.
Contact Limkokwing University, they have several foreign students, they will know.

Speak to Ms. Sokhoeun, sorry, I don't have the number.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Hello, can you tell me where it's good to go at Sihanoukville to extend an ordinary visa got at Kohkong border ? Thank you.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:47 am
It is only available to students studying at a registered Cambodian educational institute, you need to have an official letter from the educational institute which states what you are studying and the length of time you will be studying.
Forgot to add: you also need to be able to show that you have sufficient funds available to support yourself for the duration of your studies.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Any new news on the rules from the 4th?
I called tonight at the agent in koh kong. He told me people wanting the renewal of a EB extension, need to bring their passport and their business licence plus their work permit. Or they can go to PP and try to get an extension.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:26 pm Any new news on the rules from the 4th?
I called tonight at the agent in koh kong. He told me people wanting the renewal of a EB extension, need to bring their passport and their business licence plus their work permit. Or they can go to PP and try to get an extension.
Update here: post192518.html#p191958
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic