Visa Extension Costs: Any Updates?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Visa Extension Costs; Any Updates?

Post by StroppyChops »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 pmAlso, whilst technically you cannot transfer a T-type visa to an E-type visa, there are agents who can provide this service, at an extortionate price...cheaper and safer just to do a border run.
An acquaintance just paid nearly the equivalent of a year's EOS to have three months added to her tourist visa, from one of those well known agents...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 pm
AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm

You need at least a month EB before anyone can even apply for ER. You can't transfer a tourist visa.
Incorrect, you need to have the E-type (Ordinary) visa before you can apply for the ER or the EB EOS. ER (retirement) & EB (Business) are extension of stay options, the visa you require to have in order to apply for either of those EOS's (or the ET, EG, EP, ES,) is the E-type visa (issued on arrival or in advance from a Cambodian Embassy).

Also, whilst technically you cannot transfer a T-type visa to an E-type visa, there are agents who can provide this service, at an extortionate price...cheaper and safer just to do a border run.
PDS-Kiwi you seem to be very knowledgeable on this subject. Without all the E-Numbered visa's which to some are very confusing.
From holding an EB extension of stay, this can be transferred to an ER visa via a agent?
Also using an agent what would the agent make in dollars with processing visa's? Or do the immigration make the big cut?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

StroppyChops wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:55 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 pmAlso, whilst technically you cannot transfer a T-type visa to an E-type visa, there are agents who can provide this service, at an extortionate price...cheaper and safer just to do a border run.
An acquaintance just paid nearly the equivalent of a year's EOS to have three months added to her tourist visa, from one of those well known agents...
I once asked for the conversion of a NGO visa to an Ordinary visa, the 'reputable agents' wanted over 300 USD for this service, plus the price of an EOS, so totalling over 600 USD for a stamp and a sticker in the passport. I decided a weekend in Bangkok was a better way to spend that money and get a new ordinary visa upon return.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Visa Extension Costs: Any Updates?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

AndyKK, about a month before your EB EOS expires, take it to an agent and apply for the ER EOS, same price as usual, depending on the agent you use, $270 - 300 for a 12 mth EOS.

No need to leave and re-enter on an E-type VOA in order to apply for a different EOS category.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

I think PSD Kiwi is fast becoming the go-to guy for visa/Work permits questions.

Have you ever thought of setting up an agency?
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:19 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:55 pm
I once asked for the conversion of a NGO visa to an Ordinary visa, the 'reputable agents' wanted over 300 USD for this service, plus the price of an EOS, so totalling over 600 USD for a stamp and a sticker in the passport. I decided a weekend in Bangkok was a better way to spend that money and get a new ordinary visa upon return.
very wise choice :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
theghost
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by theghost »

Hi best visa shop in SR is next to Thai hoot shopping mall towards the bridge on the left cheap prices and good services .

I live here I know there little tricks thank you very much
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

theghost wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:47 pm Hi best visa shop in SR is next to Thai hoot shopping mall towards the bridge on the left cheap prices and good services .

dealt with
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 pm
AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm

You need at least a month EB before anyone can even apply for ER. You can't transfer a tourist visa.
Incorrect, you need to have the E-type (Ordinary) visa before you can apply for the ER or the EB EOS. ER (retirement) & EB (Business) are extension of stay options, the visa you require to have in order to apply for either of those EOS's (or the ET, EG, EP, ES,) is the E-type visa (issued on arrival or in advance from a Cambodian Embassy).

Also, whilst technically you cannot transfer a T-type visa to an E-type visa, there are agents who can provide this service, at an extortionate price...cheaper and safer just to do a border run.
Ha,ha, the shoes on the other foot now lol. Yes, E-type (Ordinary) visa at port of entry. Which is the business visa option. They changed the name a few years back. It's still a business visa though, so I was right in that you need a business visa before you can get a retirement visa. Good that you cleared it up as far as the E-type (Ordinary) goes for new arrivals though.
Last edited by AlonzoPartriz on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
See crook!!!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:02 pm
theghost wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:47 pm Hi best visa shop in SR is next to Thai hoot shopping mall towards the bridge on the left cheap prices and good services .

dealt with
LOL till Next Time :beer1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic