Visa Extension Costs: Any Updates?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Visa Extension Costs: Any Updates?

Post by phuketrichard »

the owner of the forum LIC posted on fb he got his and he is only 51
sent it by Capitol Bus from Battambang to Phnom Penh
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Opposition Leader Kem Sokha (CNRP President) Arrested For "TREASON" in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by AndyKK »

Incidently, I was told yesterday when I picked up my new EOS that they had done away with all the rules about work permits needed for extentions on business visas. Not sure if that is a positive or not with the Hun-gabe shit going down. Maybe the gov don't care anymore seeing as a lot will be leavng anyway.

Who had told you this? Is it official or a rumour? I have also heard rumours of some agents not prepared to do new visa's due to the amount of paperwork, and not cost effective for them.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Re: Opposition Leader Kem Sokha (CNRP President) Arrested For "TREASON" in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:33 am Incidently, I was told yesterday when I picked up my new EOS that they had done away with all the rules about work permits needed for extentions on business visas. Not sure if that is a positive or not with the Hun-gabe shit going down. Maybe the gov don't care anymore seeing as a lot will be leavng anyway.

Who had told you this? Is it official or a rumour? I have also heard rumours of some agents not prepared to do new visa's due to the amount of paperwork, and not cost effective for them.
This was yesterday. Agent next to LL. She appologized for the three month EB visa, I had asked for more, as she handed me my pasport and told me the immi had changed the rules again. I asked if she had recieved another memo as before, she said yes. Mine expired on the first, so I had no choice. But she said it would be no problem from now on. I said untill the rules change again.
The whole thing could be moot if I leave.
Last edited by AlonzoPartriz on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
See crook!!!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:33 am Incidently, I was told yesterday when I picked up my new EOS that they had done away with all the rules about work permits needed for extentions on business visas. Not sure if that is a positive or not with the Hun-gabe shit going down. Maybe the gov don't care anymore seeing as a lot will be leavng anyway.

This was yesterday. Agent next to LL. She appologized as she handed me my pasport and told me the immi had changed the rules again. I asked if she had recieved another memo as before, she said yes. Mine expired on the forst, so I had no choice. But she said it would be no problem from now on. I said untill the rules change again.
Seems to early to know what's going on, possibly mass confusion or no pocket monies for the agents.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:50 am
AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 am

This was yesterday. Agent next to LL. She appologized as she handed me my pasport and told me the immi had changed the rules again. I asked if she had recieved another memo as before, she said yes. Mine expired on the forst, so I had no choice. But she said it would be no problem from now on. I said untill the rules change again.
Seems to early to know what's going on, possibly mass confusion or no pocket monies for the agents.
Tell me what isn't confused here? She got a memo from immigration, that's about as official as you'll get I suppose. Not saying they won't send her other ones in the future though. I'm pretty certain they will.
See crook!!!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

^^It's like I read one member was told by an agent they could not obtain a ER visa because he had a EB visa before. Confusing! I know of plenty whom have changed visas.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:12 pm ^^It's like I read one member was told by an agent they could not obtain a ER visa because he had a EB visa before. Confusing! I know of plenty whom have changed visas.

You need at least a month EB before anyone can even apply for ER. You can't transfer a tourist visa. The agent sounds like a divit.

I think they threw a spanner in the works and all the little offices that run to the bigger ones will be waiting for the news to be passed down. There will no doubt be some who will offer you a 1y EB for extra if you haven't got the WP. Will take a while to calm down again. Untill the next time.

That's if anyone is still here. The military have been mobilised.
I hope they get wet.(raining in PP atm).
See crook!!!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pmThere will no doubt be some who will offer you a 1y EB for extra if you haven't got the WP. Will take a while to calm down again.
As of last week, LL was still issuing 1yr EB/EOS without a WP (in fact, they were refusing to issue new WPs) and AFAIK this hasn't changed as of today.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

StroppyChops wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 pm
AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pmThere will no doubt be some who will offer you a 1y EB for extra if you haven't got the WP. Will take a while to calm down again.
As of last week, LL was still issuing 1yr EB/EOS without a WP (in fact, they were refusing to issue new WPs) and AFAIK this hasn't changed as of today.
Yes, all I needed was to tell them a name of an employer if I wanted a 6 or 12 month one. I didn't want to lie, so I just got a 3 month one. No need for that even now and she also said for the future. The work pemit requirement was supposed to be coming in to effect tomorow. On the 4th.
See crook!!!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Visa Extension Costs; Any Updates?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm

You need at least a month EB before anyone can even apply for ER. You can't transfer a tourist visa.
Incorrect, you need to have the E-type (Ordinary) visa before you can apply for the ER or the EB EOS. ER (retirement) & EB (Business) are extension of stay options, the visa you require to have in order to apply for either of those EOS's (or the ET, EG, EP, ES,) is the E-type visa (issued on arrival or in advance from a Cambodian Embassy).

Also, whilst technically you cannot transfer a T-type visa to an E-type visa, there are agents who can provide this service, at an extortionate price...cheaper and safer just to do a border run.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic