Middle of Asia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Middle of Asia

Post by AndyKK »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:56 pm Kep needs a 7/11type store.
I am sure in time the Chinese will see to that. But it will be ruined like other areas for sure.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:56 pm Kep needs a 7/11type store.
No country needs a 7-11.

America deserves them, sure.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I like 7/11 cheap beer, coffee, little nick-knack edible's. Convenient :)
Always "hope" but never "expect".
BronzeMonkNomad
Tourist
Bahamas

Post by BronzeMonkNomad »

Luigi wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:30 am
BronzeMonkNomad wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:45 am Hey guys,

So I would like to start a hostel in kampot, it's like extra extra though, cause i'm an artist and i wan't to make it a very useful facility to meet the problems i'm currently having, as well as other aspiring creators. I started a kickstarter for the idea kinda, and we got half funded, so I'm relaunching it because, it got half funded with barely any really information.. cause I just do things on the fly.... which is why i'm here cause I wanna get more solid information as I design this next kickstarter, plus me and my friend that's starting the hostel with me are starting to work on ideas of what we wanna build and all. So my question, I saw another post about some girls asking about starting a hostel, in Cambodia, and someone said Kampot was pretty out serviced also. What are some locations for me to go visit, if Kampot turns out to be not ideal, I'm looking for a lot of open space, by the ocean or river, easy access to the ocean is preferable because i plan on having boats. oh should of said i did a bar gig in Sihanoukville for a month and half, while traveling SE Asia for 6 months for the first half of this year.

Thanks
Just curious, what is your native language?
english! its the only language i speak lol
BronzeMonkNomad
Tourist
Bahamas

Arget wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:54 pm Hey guys,

So I would like to start a hostel in kampot, it's like extra extra though, cause i'm an artist and i wan't to make it a very useful facility to meet the problems i'm currently having, as well as other aspiring creators. I started a kickstarter for the idea kinda, and we got half funded, so I'm relaunching it because, it got half funded with barely any really information. cause I just do things on the fly.... which is why i'm here cause I wanna get more solid information as I design this next kickstarter, plus me and my friend that's starting the hostel with me are starting to work on ideas of what we wanna build and all. So my question, I saw another post about some girls asking about starting a hostel, in Cambodia, and someone said Kampot was pretty out serviced also. What are some locations for me to go visit, if Kampot turns out to be not ideal, I'm looking for a lot of open space, by the ocean or river, easy access to the ocean is preferable because i plan on having boats. oh should of said i did a bar gig in Sihanoukville for a month and half, while traveling SE Asia for 6 months for the first half of this year.

Thanks!

Who funded this and for how much? ..............why would people fund something that is a half arsed idea?
Now your going to do it again? Are there more people wanting to throw money away?
"looking for lots of open space" you are kidding>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
When you did your "bar gig" did you look anywhere other then Snookyville.

Don't fancy your chances. BUT Good luck
because i'm a bad ass.
BronzeMonkNomad
Tourist
Bahamas

but thanks for cardamom, and battambang suggestion, oddly enough the couch surfing idea i'm not really feeling it right now... haha but ya know ill let you guys know and definitely will invite you all to it lol..... for you nonbelievers out there 😂🤣
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic