Go Fund Me... Small business dream in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Go Fund Me... Small business dream in Cambodia

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Hello! We are an English and Cambodian couple currently living in Phnom Penh Cambodia. We have been together almost 3 years.
When we lived on the Paradise Island Koh Rong we ran a boat tour but in the low season our boat engines were stolen
so with no other income on the island we decided to move to the city to work, we have been here over one year now.
I currently work full time as an ESL teacher and my fiancee stays at home to help take care of his grandfather.
We have tried so hard to save enough money to be able to rent a small house and start our own Cambodian style restaurant,
we are getting there slowly and any help that we receive would be very much appreciated.
We would serve traditional local food to local people in the neighbourhood and use some profits to give back to the community.
If you would like to see some of our dishes we have previously made you can visit our Instagram @dine.with.us.pp.
Thank you for reading our story.
https://d2g8igdw686xgo.cloudfront.net/2 ... 1.3714.jpg
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Go Fund Me... Small business dream in Cambodia

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Dream is the important word here
charlie
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

How about you fuck off and save your own money. Christ almighty, gofundme should be shut down.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:25 pm Dream is the important word here
charlie
They want everything given to them.

A westerner can get enough to open a restaurant in Cambodia by using credit from the bank bavk home, this is just a feel sorry for me khmer scam.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Like there aren't enough restaurants serving traditional local food to locals.
You could be next.
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

Look, she's working her heart out to make something good for her family. Her fiance has to stay at home to help take care of grandpa. He helps along with his Mom, Dad, grandma, two sisters (who slave their lives away at Candy Bar), and his Khmer girlfriend he's fucking while his barang fiance is teaching English to the poor down trodden wee ones all day. Where's the empathy here?
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

MikeMike58 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:47 am Look, she's working her heart out to make something good for her family. Her fiance has to stay at home to help take care of grandpa. He helps along with his Mom, Dad, grandma, two sisters (who slave their lives away at Candy Bar), and his Khmer girlfriend he's fucking while his barang fiance is teaching English to the poor down trodden wee ones all day. Where's the empathy here?
Yes, to paraphrase Oscar Wilde, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at their predicament. As for people sticking up things on Go Fund Me, 99% of the time my response will be Go Fuck You.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 pm How about you fuck off and save your own money. Christ almighty, gofundme should be shut down.

Yep...what he said. :thumb:

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

Brewer wrote:
MikeMike58 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:47 am Look, she's working her heart out to make something good for her family. Her fiance has to stay at home to help take care of grandpa. He helps along with his Mom, Dad, grandma, two sisters (who slave their lives away at Candy Bar), and his Khmer girlfriend he's fucking while his barang fiance is teaching English to the poor down trodden wee ones all day. Where's the empathy here?
Yes, to paraphrase Oscar Wilde, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at their predicament. As for people sticking up things on Go Fund Me, 99% of the time my response will be Go Fuck You.
I've only looked at the site a couple of times, but yeah, what a bunch of shit birds. Looking at it today was quite entertaining.
ReasonstobefearfulP3
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by ReasonstobefearfulP3 »

Khmer Bibles For Cambodia $7,000 goal
We heard stories that it is not uncommon for there to be only 1 Bible (owned by the Pastor) in a village
Not bad for a Buddhist country...

equates to 1 bible for every 55 christians in the country
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic