Laos cambodia border open to us?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
lordofmisrule
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by lordofmisrule »

Hi guys, does anyone have any recent info bout wether the steung treng border is open to travel through? I thought I heard that tvere were issues but cant seem to find anything online.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Laos cambodia border open to us?

Post by Anchor Moy »

lordofmisrule wrote: Hi guys, does anyone have any recent info bout wether the steung treng border is open to travel through? I thought I heard that tvere were issues but cant seem to find anything online.
HE has said that the border problem is resolved so the border should be open. However, as long as the question of the road along the border is not resolved, it could happen again anytime. IMO.
If you are planning to go soon, PM me and I can ask people up that way if they have info. Problem is that they will probably say "No problem" whatever the situation since they are selling tickets to Laos.
lordofmisrule
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by lordofmisrule »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:05 pm
lordofmisrule wrote: Hi guys, does anyone have any recent info bout wether the steung treng border is open to travel through? I thought I heard that tvere were issues but cant seem to find anything online.
HE has said that the border problem is resolved so the border should be open. However, as long as the question of the road along the border is not resolved, it could happen again anytime. IMO.
If you are planning to go soon, PM me and I can ask people up that way if they have info. Problem is that they will probably say "No problem" whatever the situation since they are selling tickets to Laos.
Thank you buddy, if we head that way I will pm you much appreciated, our other option is to fly to bkk and then to Vientiane, or something similar, see one part of Laos, whichever that is. Thanks for the help
S3xyM0nk3y
Tourist
Mexico

Post by S3xyM0nk3y »

You can simply ask the guys in the bus station
Last edited by S3xyM0nk3y on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:05 pm
I don't think the border was closed at any stage, they just shut one remote border crossing for a few days that only locals can use anyway. I agree that it's a bit unpredictable though.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Fly.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic