Drunk Man Claiming To Be "Special Forces" Threatens To Kill People at Phnom Penh Restaurant; Can You Identify Him?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Drunk Man Claiming To Be "Special Forces" Threatens To Kill People at Phnom Penh Restaurant; Can You Identify Him?

Post by vladimir »

Thank you, Trinkets. If true, it kind of changes things/offers a different perspective.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Drunk Man Claiming To Be "Special Forces" Threatens To Kill People at Phnom Penh Restaurant; Can You Identify Him?

Post by IraHayes »

So what we could have is a stressed out father comforting a distressed child who is told to move aside for your typical "I'm more important than you" Khmer lady. Stressed father doesn't care who the oh-so-special lady is and an argument ensues.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Yes. If true, how dare barangs believe they are human?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
mindeyes
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mindeyes »

Trinkets, either you are a friend of this guy twisting the story, or you clearly were not close enough to see/hear what was happening. Not sure what your angle is, but I am the tall guy and you simply have a convoluted version of the facts. And to prove that there were at least two dozen people watching who can verify our staff NEVER pushed him. The actual security guy was too scared to intervene. Our staff absolutely NEVER pushed this guy. He is a sweet, non-violent kid, who in 4.5 years of working here has never yelled at, let alone touched anyone in an aggressive way. Let’s keep this in mind as we contrast this with the guy that twice threatened to kill everyone there and specifically stated he had killed people before.

The guy was standing in the dark on the side of our building with his girl in his arms. The child was crying because it had to go pee, but Dad wouldn’t take her to the bathroom. The staff asked the guy to move so the woman can park on her property. There is no walkway, this is the back door to the kitchen/parking pad on her private property. When this guy wouldn’t move he directed him towards the restaurant where he can sit and take his daughter to the bathroom. Now our staff’s English isn’t perfect so he could’ve mistaken him as his rude, but since the guy lived here for 9 years he should know better. He absolutely never pushed the guy, especially with the child in his hands. You are lying about this or were too far away to see. This is a 100% false accusation.
When the Khmer lady rolled down her window to see what was happening he spit in her car and on her – whether it was water or saliva, who knows.

When I walked up I tried to talk to him, I asked him to calm down, told him that these were good people and there was no way they were trying to do him any harm and I begged him to go home… I even held my hands in a prayer position and said “dude, please just go home, you are drunk and acting crazy. “ He smelled horribly of alcohol and looked crazier than hell. He kept screaming, “but my baby, my baby, my baby is more important than your Lexus” - I absolutely understand living in Cambodia what he could have been frustrated about, but that wasn’t happening and he wasn’t on the street. They were just asking him to move so they can park the car in, but he immediately got confrontational. I was being so polite to this guy, I gave him my full name, I shook his hand and said everything was cool, then he proceeded to try to crush my hand. I have seen psychotic people before and I was just trying to prevent him from getting violent.

Yes, I was a bit worried a couple of times when he stated he was getting ready to kill everybody here and threatened to smash my face, implying the Khmer lady was my wife and I was responsible for her – she is not. He said he was 20 years and special forces and the “everyone was going down”

If the guy really valued his children he wouldn’t be out with them piss drunk at midnight fighting with women on the street and threatening to kill people.

The Khmer lady stuck her finger in his face, when he said he was going to kill everyone – Khmer people don’t like to be told you are going to murder them. Does anyone?

The conversation ends here Trinkets. Again I assume you know this guy and are trying to protect them, because your side of the story is incorrect. If you want to deny that then feel free to ask he two dozen or so people that witnessed it.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Next witness please take the stand.
mindeyes
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mindeyes »

By the way, I am concerned Trinkets is this guy's friend in the top left corner. Also, I just went over the story with my staff and the security guard from the restaurant next door - who I don't know. The facts are my staff directed him to the restaurant asking him to move so his boss could park on her property, then the guy angrily, at the advice of others, removed his daughter taking his daughter to the bar next door - he returned with his hands behind his back and shoved our staff with his shoulder 'saying hello, how are you doing?" Our staff just stepped back scared. Please don't twist the truth man. Please if you know this guy we just want to know who is. He is dangerous. Drunkedly cusses out Khmer women, threatens to kill people, claims to have killed people, etc.

The reason we want to know who he is is we want justice. The guy left indicating he was "going to get us" and took note of the car's plate information mumbling the plate number as he went away... he stated he was going to kill everyone and said he be back. We want him off the streets. This is unacceptable behaviour for a foreigner in any country.
Last edited by mindeyes on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

This doesn't sound like a typically Cambodian story at all...
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

This place is great for when it kicks off, it seems the people involved always sign up to give their side of the story.

Absolutely marvellous
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Post by prettyvacant »

mossie wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:12 pm Do you have something against bald people you hipster fucker?
Yes. So does the rest of the planet, including bald people themselves. Would you like a safe space?
Last edited by prettyvacant on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

mindeyes wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 pm By the way, I am concerned Trinkets is this guy's friend in the top left corner. Also, I just went over the story with my staff and the security guard from the restaurant next door - who I don't know. The facts are my staff directed him to the restaurant asking him to move so his boss could park on her property, then the guy angrily, at the advice of others, removed his daughter taking his daughter to the bar next door - he returned with his hands behind his back and shoved our staff with his shoulder 'saying hello, how are you doing?" Our staff just stepped back scared. Please don't twist the truth man. Please if you know this guy we just want to know who is. He is dangerous. Drunkedly cusses out Khmer women, threatens to kill people, claims to have killed people, etc.

The reason we want to know who he is is we want justice. The guy left indicating he was "going to get us" and took note of the car's plate information mumbling the plate number as he went away... he stated he was going to kill everyone and said he be back. We want him off the streets. This is unacceptable behaviour for a foreigner in any country.
people who are actually serious about killing people dont go round telling the people and the public that they are going to do it,
it was an empty threat
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic