Ethical Investments.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Ethical Investments.

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Anyone have any recomendations for ethical investments?
Here's my 2 cents.

See crook!!!
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Ethical Investments.

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

If i were a bit younger i would seriously be looking at this sort of investment. In the near future there is going to be a lot of money in the dope business. Canada is the place i would look. In a few years from now i predict packaged joints, all sorts of edibles in supermarkets and a booming trade in home grown kits, along with some lovely new seed strains. Its the future.
charlie
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 pm If i were a bit younger i would seriously be looking at this sort of investment. In the near future there is going to be a lot of money in the dope business. Canada is the place i would look. In a few years from now i predict packaged joints, all sorts of edibles in supermarkets and a booming trade in home grown kits, along with some lovely new seed strains. Its the future.
charlie
not in a few years. now. I gots no idea about Canada, but in Nevada, you can go down to the store and get these things now. Only reason I haven't looked into it (investing) further is, it is still illegal on a federal level (and weed is classified as a class 1 drug, like cocaine, heroin and the like). this has caused problems for the money trail. All of these places deal only in cash (which is a security issue as well). pay all their bills in cash, do all transactions in cash etc.-quite a hassle for them currently. Issue is, banks don't want to do business with a 'federally illegal' business and get into trouble with the feds for the likes of money laundering or such.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

yep agree, but things are changing fast. I haven,t looked in details at all this BUT if i were a lot younger and had a few quid to invest i would. Canada will sort all that out financial stuff soon (as will the usa) Who would have thought 10 years ago that you could even buy weed legaly in the usa?
:beer3:

charlie
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

No investment here. The law is out burning all the plantations they find.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic