quick visit

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Re: quick visit

Post by saigonjackpot »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:19 pm Yes i know its rainy season, not coming untill october/november
£50 is a different sum to $50 , not much i grant you
charlie
OP 55£ is enough mate but cambodia is not dirt dirt cheap, hooker prices will vary from free to 100 dollars.

Hang around pontoon and heart of darkness (late night clubs).
Theres alot of scammers ,junkies, thiefs and sketchy people in general around GSM so keeo your wits about you.
Expect questions from hookers
Where u come from?

First time cambodia?

How long you stay?

Come alone?

Where you stay?

U buy me dink?

These questions arent friendly chit chat this is how they profile you.

Since I lived in KoW long term I answer in khmer and they instantly give up as they know I know the games they play.

Cambodian bar girls are quite hardened and expensive, freelancers are OK but a high percentage are drug addicts so it means nothing for them to steal your phone , cash credit ,cards and anything you leave lying around.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

saigonjackpot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pm
Since I lived in KoW long term I answer in khmer
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Since I lived in KoW long term I answer in khmer and they instantly give up as they know I know the games they play."

Watch out all you cold hearted srey koich, there's an cunning linguist hot on your tail, I mean trail.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:22 pm I get By very very easy when traveling in Laos, Burma, Thailand & Cambodia (unless i have my car and except Gas) on $50/day
and thats my budget/day for Bali in Octand i do not consider myself a "cheap Charlie"
and thats for2 of us ,,,,,dont buy ladies by the day, but carry one with me LOL
yeah $50 is plenty for a quick cheap holiday
its not a mongers budget though,
you need at least $45+ if taking a girl from the bar ($30 for the girl + $10 barfine + 1 drink for you both)
Jame;
if u dont drink and take bar girls.... $50/day is good for a holiday anywhere in se asia BUT Singapore. :stir: :stir:
and NOT on the cheap end,
those go for under $25

girls and drinking add another $50-75/day
Is it easy enough to meet regular Cambodian girls? What about tinder etc? That work over there?
why would they want to meet you? just another cheap charlie looking to get laid for free.....
that works in the Philippines..... but not elsewhere
No, I said nothing about getting laid? reread my post lol
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:45 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:22 pm I get By very very easy when traveling in Laos, Burma, Thailand & Cambodia (unless i have my car and except Gas) on $50/day
and thats my budget/day for Bali in Octand i do not consider myself a "cheap Charlie"
and thats for2 of us ,,,,,dont buy ladies by the day, but carry one with me LOL
yeah $50 is plenty for a quick cheap holiday
its not a mongers budget though,
you need at least $45+ if taking a girl from the bar ($30 for the girl + $10 barfine + 1 drink for you both)
Jame;
if u dont drink and take bar girls.... $50/day is good for a holiday anywhere in se asia BUT Singapore. :stir: :stir:
and NOT on the cheap end,
those go for under $25

girls and drinking add another $50-75/day
Is it easy enough to meet regular Cambodian girls? What about tinder etc? That work over there?
why would they want to meet you? just another cheap charlie looking to get laid for free.....
that works in the Philippines..... but not elsewhere
No, I said nothing about getting laid? reread my post lol
if not get laid, than even more so " why would they want to meet you?"
Marriage?? :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Been around the block myself, know all about "hi where you from, where you stay" etc, I speak a "little" hindi so use that ploy myself in India. I can spot a junky, hustler, wide boy, scammer from a mile but thanks for the tip
charlie
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:54 pm
saigonjackpot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pm
Since I lived in KoW long term I answer in khmer
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

saigonjackpot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pmSince I lived in KoW long term I answer in khmer and they instantly give up as they know I know the games they play.

You have not lived in Cambodia long term and you know fuck all. Fact.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yeah, he's a lying little twat bogan tourist. He can barely speak English, let alone a word of Khmer.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 am Yeah, he's a lying little twat bogan tourist. He can barely speak English, let alone a word of Khmer.

So John, tell us how u really feel about him :beer1:

I think we all agree, he is a boring twat
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic