Lone Star Saloon 9th Annual Chili Cook off Aug 20th.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Lone Star Saloon 9th Annual Chili Cook off Aug 20th.

Post by LaudJohn »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:05 pm
angkorjohn wrote:
prettyvacant wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 am Wait... a bunch of random barang go to local markets. Buy random meat. Take it to their shitty flats. Cook chili. And you expect people to pay money to eat it? There must be cheaper ways of getting hepatitis out there.
you don't have to come if you don't want to snowflake. It's always a good event, I haven't ever been sick in the 3 or 4 times I've been to them, aside from when I had to force a weak and insipid 3 bean vegetarian option someone had brought.

Glad to see the tradition continuing Ronnie.
Haha, the vegetarian chilli did quite well, if I remember.

You do not remember correctly
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

LaudJohn wrote:
angkorjohn wrote:
prettyvacant wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 am Wait... a bunch of random barang go to local markets. Buy random meat. Take it to their shitty flats. Cook chili. And you expect people to pay money to eat it? There must be cheaper ways of getting hepatitis out there.
you don't have to come if you don't want to snowflake. It's always a good event, I haven't ever been sick in the 3 or 4 times I've been to them, aside from when I had to force a weak and insipid 3 bean vegetarian option someone had brought.

2014 or 2015?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Post by prettyvacant »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:22 pm It's not a compulsory event. Please stay home.
EDC wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:25 pm What a cynical fuck you are...must be a hit at parties!!
angkorjohn wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:04 pm you don't have to come if you don't want to snowflake.
You oldfarts act like I've hidden your teeth. Look, I get it. I've gone native. Kudos to me. But to most people (argumentum ad populum, I know), the thought of eating food cooked by some of the best known chefs and restaurateurs in the region seems un hip to us man bun wearing beg packers.

How come you all posted within 21 minutes of each other btw? Did you share the same half hour slot at the internet cafe?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Yes. We were all sitting at the Internet cafe waiting for someone to be an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Post by prettyvacant »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:00 pm asshole.
Did they deport you from Australia due to your inability to handle banter?
EDC
Expatriate
Australia

Post by EDC »

prettyvacant wrote: How come you all posted within 21 minutes of each other btw? Did you share the same half hour slot at the internet cafe?
Guess it doesn't take long to recognise a SinnSisamouth troll...

prettyvacant
Expatriate

Post by prettyvacant »

EDC wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:30 pm Guess it doesn't take long to recognise a SinnSisamouth troll...

I love his songs but I can't stand the increased pitch of Ros Sereysothea's recordings. IMHO, Pan Ron is the jewel.
You all using Tapatalk huh. Bulk discount?

I do not get your reference. I do understand the strawman though.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

so....Lone Star is having a chili cook off then?

:stir:

cheers

Bertros :hattip:

:popcorn:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

prettyvacant wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:37 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:22 pm It's not a compulsory event. Please stay home.
EDC wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:25 pm What a cynical fuck you are...must be a hit at parties!!
angkorjohn wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:04 pm you don't have to come if you don't want to snowflake.
You oldfarts act like I've hidden your teeth. Look, I get it. You've gone native. Kudos to you. But to most people (argumentum ad populum, I know), the thought of eating food cooked by a random bunch of barang SEA drifters, is quite a big step.

How come you all posted within 21 minutes of each other btw? Did you share the same half hour slot at the internet cafe?
you talk like you're still at your mommy's teat. I bet you were never allowed to play out and get your hands dirty, mummy always had to wipe your butt and make sure you washed your hands after that time you got sick from touching the dogs bits.

Live a little man, this is SEA. I get 80% of my food, meat included from the market because it's fresh. The only times I've ever been sick is from having salad at a hotel. People build up resilience for these things so I'm guessing you are either a troll or such a mummies boy you've never even left your home town.

how come it took you so long to respond anyway? did mummy take away your internet privileges for a few hours after you got caught watching an R-rated movie on your own?
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:27 pm
LaudJohn wrote:
angkorjohn wrote:

2014 or 2015?
No your memory of the reception of the Vegetarian Chili.

It rated pretty poorly from my memory.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic