Outstanding Cambodian Teacher Wins $10,000 Award

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

In some positive news on Cambodia's education front, a Cambodian teacher, Dy Sophorn from Kampong Chhnang, was chosen as the most outstanding teacher in the ASEAN region this year.
Phnom Penh (FN), August 4 - An outstanding Cambodian teacher received an award worth $10,000 from Queen Sirindhorn.
The award ceremony will be held on October 11, 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand.
"To receive this reward, a teacher must show that he or she has the potential to change the lives of his or her students," said Dr. Krissanapong Kirtikara, president of the award program.

"Queen Sirindhorn set up the Foundation for the first time in 2015 to award teachers in the 11 countries of the ASEAN region and to emphasize the importance of high quality education to teachers and students. 2017's award ceremony marks the 60th anniversary of the Queen," he added.

"The selection was made by the Ministry of Education in each country, referring to talent and creativity to teach students to gain knowledge and skills," he stated.
Freshnews.
ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Outstanding Cambodian Teacher Wins $10,000 Award

Post by John Bingham »

Congratulations to her and well done! I'd be interested in reading more about this teacher.
"I never thought that I would teach for rewards or admiration or for anything, but from my heart and passion.
As a teacher, we need to know how to implement different activities to get students to quickly absorb knowledge",
the winner, Dy Sophorn, spoke from her home in Kampong Chhnang.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Outstanding Cambodian Teacher Wins $10,000 Award

Post by Username Taken »

"Queen Sirindhorn" ???

Isn't it Queen Sirikit, and Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn?

:facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic