French Tourist JUSTINE LE CAM Gets Bag Snatched On Sihanouk Blvd in Phnom Penh; Police Catch 1 of 2 Bagsnatchers

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: French Tourist JUSTINE LE CAM Gets Bag Snatched On Sihanouk Blvd in Phnom Penh; Police Catch 1 of 2 Bagsnatchers

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:06 pm
Bertros wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:43 pm just curious, but do the cops 'confiscate' the scooter?
No, they just take it away to get evidence. As soon as they are finished with it you might get it back. However there's a good chance they won't be finished with it for quite some time. :hattip:
they impound the bike and they have to give money to get it back
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: French Tourist JUSTINE LE CAM Gets Bag Snatched On Sihanouk Blvd in Phnom Penh; Police Catch 1 of 2 Bagsnatchers

Post by John Bingham »

Sure, but they get to keep quite a few.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I saw a post on Facebook that said a woman got her bag snatched in BKK1 and she heard of 2 other women getting robbed that same day too, so sounds like robbery season (not that it ever stops).

And this posted on a group today as well:

"Hello everybody. Yesterday, while walking along the street next to Wat Phnom with my husband, I was robbed by two young men on a motorbike. One of them cut the straps of my bag with a knife and before I could realise they took it away. I first thought the strap got stuck on a rear window. I wore the bag was across my chest, not on the road side but always facing the parked cars/motorbikes. I am still confused and shocked.

I had my phone in the bag, and around 40 dollars.
I don´t mind about the money, but it really hurts me to know someone now has my phone or has sold it somewhere.

What I ask from you is to inform me in case you see a black Sony Xperia sold as second hand at the market. You can recognize it from a small crack in the lower left corner of the screen. I would buy it again and maybe it would help police to track the people who sold it.

Thank you for your comprehension and take care.
"

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Bugger, steal a phone and it has a cracked screen.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:41 am I saw a post on Facebook that said a woman got her bag snatched in BKK1 and she heard of 2 other women getting robbed that same day too, so sounds like robbery season (not that it ever stops).

its not robbery season didnt stop, its lack of common sense season never stop
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:50 am Bugger, steal a phone and it has a cracked screen.
They'll probably contact her soon and invoke the return policy :D
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

A girl friend of mine keeps all her valuables, (money, phone etc) in a small black plastic bag. Her and her family are reasonably well off, however she will not use a bag because she says it will get stolen, and her reasoning is the chance of getting a plastic bag stolen is a lot less than a smart hand bag. :D

However she might need to revise her strategy as it seems black plastic bags are becoming a fashion item :roll: :D

Lanvin’s spring collection, designed by Alber Elbaz, was full of the label’s usual suspects—filmy dresses, oversize novelty jewelry, and tattered ruffles among them.

But one item was slightly off fray. Eight of the show’s looks included purses that looked like trash bags—effectively bringing new energy to high-low fashion culture.

If you have a thing for trash, specifically Eurotrash, then Lanvin’s spring goods may be perfectly tailored to your taste.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... rsion.html
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

About ten years back I saw an old Chinese aunty, wearing a Mao suit and flip-flops, take $150K out of a plastic bag and deposit it in CPB main branch.

If I'd known about it beforehand, I woulda mugged her outside.

I'm kidding.

I think.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

vladimir wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:51 am About ten years back I saw an old Chinese aunty, wearing a Mao suit and flip-flops, take $150K out of a plastic bag and deposit it in CPB main branch.

If I'd known about it beforehand, I woulda mugged her outside.

I'm kidding.

I think.
But you thought about it even after the fact :stir:

Most people carrying small plastic bags are their drug bags :evil:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic