Another new bar, more free beer...

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Another new bar, more free beer...

Post by bobsboots »

Brewer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:36 am
bobsboots wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:00 am
"New Girls" That could spark quite a debate.......
"Newly girls" would be worse. :plus1:
"Newly" hatched from the chicken farm, perhaps ?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

jah steu wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:01 pmin a crude attempt to lure customers into the clutches of our lovely hostesses,
:wink:

I guess that means the subtle approach didn't work.

Seriously, who needs to be lured?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

bobsboots wrote:
jah steu wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 am Party time at Ponytails bar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. Yes there are some girls who have migrated to Ponytails from our other bars, but there are a fair number of new girls - some straight from the rice fields and some more experienced girls.

Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

corralled a few of your hotties, lined them up with seductive pose right outside with signage. do wonders
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:21 pm corralled a few of your hotties, lined them up with seductive pose right outside with signage. do wonders
yeah dont know why Cambodia doesnt do a bit more of the Bangkok/Pattaya bar approach with signs with drink deals on to lure customers in rather than just the hopeful catcall
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jah steu wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 am
bobsboots wrote:
Brewer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:36 am
bobsboots wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:00 am Image

"Newly girls" would be worse. :plus1:
"Newly" hatched from the chicken farm, perhaps ?
Lol. Yes there are some girls who have migrated to Ponytails from our other bars, but there are a fair number of new girls - some straight from the rice fields and some more experienced girls.

haha reminds me of some Memes "Gibbonarms" made about me....
ImageImage
:plus1: :plus1: :plus1:
lordofmisrule
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by lordofmisrule »

I wasnt too impressed, but maybe that was just my tastes, I found it to be lack lustre on the side of the girls.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
yeah dont know why Cambodia doesnt do a bit more of the Bangkok/Pattaya bar approach with signs with drink deals on to lure customers in rather than just the hopeful catcall
It's a delicate balance. The unofficial 'rules' are that the girls can call out to the potential customers from the pavement and a little bit of the road. If they go right out into the road and try to physically haul customers into their bar they risk arrest. As happened with a group of Helicopter bar girls about three months ago. Yes they could have signs ala Pattaya - we tend to give the girls promo cards offering free drinks to hand out to guys walking past. Or sometimes if it's quiet we will load a tuk tuk up full of girls and go on a round of 136,110,104, handing out the free drinks cards.
It's definitely getting tougher. Business is down about 20-25% on last year. Fewer barangs, more Asians who have different preferences of seating, girls, music.

Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

lordofmisrule wrote:I wasnt too impressed, but maybe that was just my tastes, I found it to be lack lustre on the side of the girls.

We had an awesome time at Ponytails on Sunday night, so much so that we went back last night.
It was great - heaps of seating space, gorgeous girls who don't harass you for a drink and great music.

We will be back for sure :)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jah steu wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
It's a delicate balance. The unofficial 'rules' are that the girls can call out to the potential customers from the pavement and a little bit of the road. If they go right out into the road and try to physically haul customers into their bar they risk arrest. As happened with a group of Helicopter bar girls about three months ago. Yes they could have signs ala Pattaya - we tend to give the girls promo cards offering free drinks to hand out to guys walking past. Or sometimes if it's quiet we will load a tuk tuk up full of girls and go on a round of 136,110,104, handing out the free drinks cards.
It's definitely getting tougher. Business is down about 20-25% on last year. Fewer barangs, more Asians who have different preferences of seating, girls, music.

Yeah can imagine, sihanoukville is the same and apparently changed so much even since i left 2 months ago

មានទឹកមានត្រី មានលុយមានស្រី
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic