Fatal electrocution when man forgets to turn off power during repairs

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 27284
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1138
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Fatal electrocution when man forgets to turn off power during repairs

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Fatal accident this morning on a Phnom Penh building site.
3 August 2017, Phomn Penh.
Image
A construction worker who was repairing an electrical fault on a building site was fatally electrocuted when he forgot to turn off the power at the mains before proceeding to work on a live electrical power outlet. He was working a few yards from his brother, who witnessed the accident.
ImageImage
The event occurred at 8 am on August 3, 2017 in the ISI construction depot, Located in Chompong Chorng village, Chom Chao commune, Porsenchey district, Phnom Penh.
The victim of the accident was taken immediately to the emergency section of the Khmer Soviet Friendship Hospital, but was found by the doctors to be dead on arrival from electrocution. RIP .
Image
https://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/168110.html
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate
Posts: 3065
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am
Reputation: 677

Re: Fatal electrocution when man forgets to turn off power during repairs

Post by Barang chgout » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Darwinism in action.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:37 am
Reputation: 72
Spain

Re: Fatal electrocution when man forgets to turn off power during repairs

Post by AlonzoPartriz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:48 pm

I bet that was from an unearthed generator. Criminal negligence on the site managers part.
See crook!!!
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 2807
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 435
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Fatal electrocution when man forgets to turn off power during repairs

Post by cptrelentless » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:08 am

AlonzoPartriz wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:48 pm
I bet that was from an unearthed generator. Criminal negligence on the site managers part.
Yeah, most wall sockets are only 10A, just gives you a bit of a belt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cooldude, Doc67, Exabot [Bot], Felgerkarb, gargarouf, Google Adsense [Bot], IraHayes, Mishmash, Old8404, paul2d, pluvicreous, side, Spigzy, SternAAlbifrons, Sweet Lemon and 591 guests