Sihanoukville Cable TV Options

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Luigi
Expatriate

Sihanoukville Cable TV Options

Post by Luigi »

What are the cable companies here. Yeah, yeah I know I can strem. But my GF cannot. So cable it is.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Sihanoukville Cable TV Options

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

CK TV is the biggest one if not the only one covering all areas.
Their office is on a left side concrete street from omouy street toward Otres about a click or two from the big market (I think they have a small sign)
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Buy a satellite dish, receiver and get pirated tv from Myanmar via some dude in Pakistan for $1/month - but it does need an internet connection (just for the encryption keys). If your gf is Cambodian this might not be an ideal solution. Quite a good selection of international channels though.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:52 pm Buy a satellite dish, receiver and get pirated tv from Myanmar via some dude in Pakistan for $1/month - but it does need an internet connection (just for the encryption keys). If your gf is Cambodian this might not be an ideal solution. Quite a good selection of international channels though.
Sounds a lil complicated. And yes the GF is Khmer.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:18 pm CK TV is the biggest one if not the only one covering all areas.
Their office is on a left side concrete street from omouy street toward Otres about a click or two from the big market (I think they have a small sign)
That would be the one I want. Oddly enough they do not have a website. But I found the channel line up.
Thank you. :hattip:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I love CEO - we need to get our own cable and I just knew I'd find the info here :) thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Does anyone know how much it is per month?

Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

A friend pays $120. per yr. for one company with set top box. He has second cable company for $60. per yr. But am not sure what cable companies. I'll ask the keeper of the household. This will not be EZ. Company name? What's that mean? :facepalm:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Thank you very much!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic