are you happy in the KoW?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: are you happy in the KoW?

Post by phuketrichard »

once back in the 60's fucked out of my head on acid, had a great discussion with a few close fiends on the difference between
happiness and
contentment

we agreed, most people get to the point of being content ( i think Taa is one..no disrepect ) with their lives, but few experience happiness over any extended period of time.
happiness comes and goes in spurts

There are times i was truly happy, but they never lasted
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I'm coming to the conclusion that happiness is any time one is not hurting/ feeling shit.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

Barang chgout wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:28 am I'm coming to the conclusion that happiness is any time one is not hurting/ feeling shit.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Happiness is waking up in cambodia without a hangover .
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Yes, I'm happy with my life here. It has its ups and downs of course (how fukn boring would life be if it didn't?), but far more good times then bad times. I haven't truly experienced depression since I moved here and that black dog used to hound me far to often in Oz. I have a good woman by my side, a good job, good friends and an interesting life that has been full of opportunities that simply wouldn't have been available to me in Australia.
Yes, I probably drink a bit to much, but I managed to leave my hard drug habits back in Oz, so overall the drinking doesn't bother me too much.
There is an old truism trapper - "Life is what you make it". To many people don't get that the emphasis in that statement has to be on the "YOU".
BTW, there are some truly wonderful people in S/ville, you just have to meet them and you won't do that at 5 in the morning anywhere in the world.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Hotdigr wrote: BTW, there are some truly wonderful people in S/ville, you just have to meet them and you won't do that at 5 in the morning anywhere in the world.
Steady on.. You'd probably run into Hanno on a 5am run ;)

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

epidemiks wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:41 pm
Hotdigr wrote: BTW, there are some truly wonderful people in S/ville, you just have to meet them and you won't do that at 5 in the morning anywhere in the world.
Steady on.. You'd probably run into Hanno on a 5am run ;)
Very possible:-) Much more likely than finding me on a bar stool.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I am so grateful for our life in Cambodia - I run a successful business online, and have a fabulous social life.

I love that it's unpredictable - you can plan to go for BBQ ribs on the beach and end up eating rice soup at 5am after a night that included everything except ribs on the beach lol!

Things seem far more chaotic, yet life is far easier and simpler. You can find someone to help with anything you need done.

And more importantly I've got some fantastic friends -I feel more at home here than anywhere I've ever lived as an adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Hotdigr wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:32 am
There is an old truism trapper - "Life is what ewe make it". To many people don't get that the emphasis in that statement has to be on the "EWE".
youre only happy when youre shagging sheep you bogan!!

the happiest ive ever been is when you moved over to Koh Wrong!!

on a serious note though, since youve been over on the islands,
i cant remember the last time you had a rant on here :plus1:
will come visit when im back in town
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam