History of the Thai stick

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: History of the Thai stick

Post by willyhilly »

My friends knew the Aussie crims who ran Patpong bars. I was staying with a mate in an apartment block and Noi(?) the bargirl from the Mississippi Queen lived there, she was in the Deerhunter which was filmed in that bar I think.
Later they opened that big bar in Patpong 2, what was it called and it was a big success. Even in those days there were boiler rooms, an Aussie guy was shot in the head one morning in our soi in his car.
I can still picture that big patpong bar but cant remember the name..
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

superstar was big ( Americans) first group to run sailboats ( ring a bell?) used to have the triumph hanging in it, but it was patpong 1. i used to hang around Patpong in the late 80's but dont think i have been there this past 15 years
Goldfingers and the kings groups of go go's ( before they became overrun with Katoeys) were popular back than as well. One of my favorites was Safari
cant recall the name on pat 2 either...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Pink Panther was the big new bar on Patpong 2 that I couldn't remember. It was huge and flash, I remember Safari as well.Grace coffee shop was always the most popular venue then, packed all night every night. Thermae was not far behind, Soi Cowboy was in it's infancy.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

right!!!!

The OLD Thermae was nice, enter thru the back parking lot thru the toilets
F

Ever go to "Cheap charlies"on soi 11, he always had some good smoke ..... just closed after 35 years.....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

We always heard stories of the notorious Thai stick back in the 80's, that and quaaludes.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
teakman
Tourist
Canada

Post by teakman »

I recall a couple of bars were opened on patpong 1 by the guys involved in the export of Thai sticks. used to be able to get sticks from a Thai buddy for 20b/stick but all of a sudden no more around. that was in '85. everytime after that coming into town,i'd go to cheap charlies on soi 11 or to the old lady at the end of soi 1.sometimes had to wait for her since she ran the boat from there to the pratunam pier. sure missed those sticks though!
the Grace was an ok venue but lacked the atmosphere of the old thermae. ah,those were the days.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

If you live in the US state of Nevada, you can just go down to the store and buy all you want (limits per trip but you can go back as often as you want). Of interest is the variety of things you can buy. most of the weed I bought was 18% to 23% thc, you can buy concentrates all the way up to 90% thc (which I think are called 'sap' or 'shatter')! (back in the day, I think the thc concentrates were in the 5 to 8 percent range for most pot)
I bought 2 kinds of gummies, a milk choc infused bar, some hard candy suckers, a 1/4 oz each of the following: triple bohdi 24% thc, MTF 22.7% thc, aussie blue 19.9 % thc, and XJ-13 Margo's jeans 19.1% thc. (love the names) you are limited to a total of 1 oz of weed and some amount of 'edibles' (not sure) per trip. I've been a couple of times. it's a bit more expensive than SEA but about a 50% to 60% discount to what folks were paying on the black market. but, here's the thing: it's really good shit-you don't need much. I've also made some 'canna butter' and then a couple of batch's of choc chip cookies. I've learned a bit about how to cook and such with pot. I did not realize that thc is fat soluble not H2O soluble so you have to be specific on how you use it in cooking (must use a fat source to extract the thc from the weed--like butter or cooking oils). edibles are easier on the lungs but it's a bit of a different 'experience' to be sure.
It takes a bit of 'dose' adjusting to these 'higher' concentrates....after the 1st bowl and some of the edibles...I was unable to take a shower (I could not manage to keep myself upright and in the tub-and that's all I'll say about that). just sayin' :thumb:

BTW, they deliver. ;-)

see menu in the link.. https://mynt.blackbirdgo.com/#/

some pics:Image

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

8 states now u can purchase the above.
Potency is amazing.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic