DENIS COKOVIC aka DENIS DENEY Arrested For Cheating Cambodian Partner Out of $20M - UPDATE 2022 - He's Back!

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: DENIS COKOVIC aka DENIS DENEY From Kosovo Arrested For Cheating Cambodian Business Partner Out of $20,000,000

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Despicable scum.

So, now that that's settled, will the ACU now investigate how the Minister's wife had 2 mil to invest? Maybe PWC can audit them...?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: DENIS COKOVIC aka DENIS DENEY From Kosovo Arrested For Cheating Cambodian Business Partner Out of $20,000,000

Post by Arget »

Like all the big boys in the game he married one of the worlds best investors and they were able to turn a few thousands in wages to millions. Also their uncanny forethought saw them invest in projects that gained govt tenders through rigid assessments etc.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE - DENNIS KOKOVITCH aka DENIS COKOVIC aka DENIS DENEY from Kosovo is back in business !
Now calling himself DENNIS KOKOVITCH, the man who was sentenced to two years in a Cambodian jail for scamming his Khmer business partner out of US$20M*, is currently selling investments in a US$600M "smart city" in Koh Kong province for the BilderBerg Investment Group.(See below for further details).
*https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50585848/k ... ion-fraud/
Stayed tuned to see how this episode plays out.

A New Smart City Estimated 600,000 Million Dollars To Be Invested in Koh Kong Province
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): The BilderBerg Investment Group has planned to invest over 600,000 million US dollars to build a new smart city with over 12,000 hectares of land.
ImageImageImage
According to Dennis Kokovich, Koh Kong province is a potential ecotourist destination.

FRESH NEWS:
European businessmen plan to invest in modern city in Koh Kong
2022-02-04 05:19 pm
(Phnom Penh): Businessmen from Europe plan to invest in a smart modern city called "Future" in the territory of Koh Kong province, which is planned to spend millions of dollars.
At a press conference on February 3, 2022 at the Sofitel Hotel, Mr. Dennis Kokovic, President of BilderBerg Investment Group, said that Cambodia is a country of political stability and peace under the leadership of Samdech Techo Prime Minister, which is open for investment. Both domestically and internationally, he decided to announce this investment project.
Mr. Dennis Kokovich said that Koh Kong is a paradise of nature with high potential for tourism, industry and agriculture. That is why this smart modern city project focuses on modern agriculture, agriculture-tourism, high-rise buildings, factories, enterprises, multi-religious centers that can attract national and international visitors, and investors from all over to visit, live and play.
In addition, Mr. Dennis Kokovich said that the "Future" project will contribute to the growth of the Cambodian national economy, reduce migration, improve the living standards of people in Koh Kong province, as well as throughout the country, because when this project appears it will require a skilled workforce in each sector included in the project over the next five to seven years.

The businessman also expressed support for HM, the CPP's prime ministerial candidate, stating that he believed in Samdech Techo's leadership and also in HM's candidacy, because he dared to invest in this huge project for the future.
http://m.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/en ... 19-06.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: DENIS COKOVIC aka DENIS DENEY Arrested For Cheating Cambodian Partner Out of $20M - UPDATE 2022 - He's Back!

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Past Cambodian news items seem to suggest that Mr Kokovitch/Cokovic/Deney is an Australian passport holder, probably under the name of DENIS COKOVIC. This dates back to 2017:
Military police arrested Mr Cokovic on Friday at his apartment in Daun Penh district, where they confiscated $420,000 in cash and an Australian passport, according to a report by Fresh News.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: DENIS COKOVIC aka DENIS DENEY Arrested For Cheating Cambodian Partner Out of $20M - UPDATE 2022 - He's Back!

Post by Alex »

I'm baffled. Call me superficial, but from someone with a face like that, I wouldn't even buy a $5 SIM card.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

He's the only one in those photos that has the decency to wear a tie!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Do these people in the pictures have no idea about his background or are they hoping to be part of a juicy scam?

I mean, seriously, look at the state of him, he hasn't even got a suit. Anyone who gets conned by him deserves all their get.

Last edited by Doc67 on Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Kosovo is a mafia state. Biggest heroin suppliers to the Europe.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:14 pm What's the Khmer script say? "Man bun here"?
Reminds me of an old joke of mine. Whenever I see a woman with blue hair (old lady's exempted) or a guy with a man bun I comment on their NAGA hat. That's Naga with an N, as in "always nagging me and telling me how to live my life", as opposed to the red MAGA hats that Trump's crews wore.

Accurate but funny (in my biased opinion).

Let the flames begin.... :stir:
What, Me worry?
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:47 pm Image
Hey, that guy just knocked on my door today. Said something about Jehovah and the bible.... Small world eh.
What, Me worry?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic