Swiss Man RENAUD JANKIEWICZ Dies From Alcohol Poisoning at The Irish Place Pub in Phnom Penh After 3-Day Bender

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Swiss Man RENAUD JANKIEWICZ Dies From Alcohol Poisoning at The Irish Place Pub in Phnom Penh After 3-Day Bender

Post by General Mackevili »

From CEO's Facebook page:

"Cambodia Expats Online He was working at "La Patate" for a while, then get serious motorbike accident (hit by a car that fled), but cannot get back to swiss for healing (need medical repatriation with special seats) or even pay for local caring... just after, he changes job (by choice or constraint !? ;-)). I guess since that, he suffers of nervous breakdown (depression), in addition to suffering in all the members of his body. I confirm, it was a very kind guy. RIP Renaud."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Re: Swiss Man RENAUD JANKIEWICZ Dies From Alcohol Poisoning at The Irish Place Pub in Phnom Penh After 3-Day Bender

Post by saigonjackpot »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:54 pm
hanno wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:49 pm He probably made the mistake of eating there.....
He had worked there as chef for the past year. Was quite good at his job. Pull your head in, Hanno.

R.I.P Renaud. . .
agreed,

RIP Renaud.
chris_ch
Tourist
Switzerland

Post by chris_ch »

Hi everyone,

I am Renaud's brother (proof sent to one of your mods: Jamie_Lambo). The Swiss police came to my parents' house today to inform them of his death. Unfortunately, they didn't have much information and told us to contact the foreign department, which is what we will do tomorrow. In the meantime, this forum has been the only source of news about his death. It is a precious help and I am extremely grateful for the time you took to write about him.

Let me thank all of you for your kind words, they have been transmitted to my parents. Although they come from strangers on the internet, they are a warm and welcoming sight in this time of grief.

If you have any information on his life in Cambodia (job, potential girlfriend) or the circumstances of his death, please share them here or contact me directly by private message. We would appreciate anything that could help us understand what happened.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

saigonjackpot wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:04 pm
hanno wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:49 pm He probably made the mistake of eating there.....
He had worked there as chef for the past year. Was quite good at his job. Pull your head in, Hanno.

R.I.P Renaud. . .
agreed,

RIP Renaud.
O would ask why, but I'll keep it for the darknet.

And pineapple, since when have you become all pious???
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

hanno wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:16 am

R.I.P Renaud. . .
agreed,

RIP Renaud.

just say R.I.P and that's all you need to say no more no less.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

saigonjackpot wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 am
hanno wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:16 am

R.I.P Renaud. . .
agreed,

RIP Renaud.

just say R.I.P and that's all you need to say no more no less.
No comment.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

chris_ch wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:26 am Hi everyone,

I am Renaud's brother (proof sent to one of your mods: Jamie_Lambo). The Swiss police came to my parents' house today to inform them of his death. Unfortunately, they didn't have much information and told us to contact the foreign department, which is what we will do tomorrow. In the meantime, this forum has been the only source of news about his death. It is a precious help and I am extremely grateful for the time you took to write about him.

Let me thank all of you for your kind words, they have been transmitted to my parents. Although they come from strangers on the internet, they are a warm and welcoming sight in this time of grief.

If you have any information on his life in Cambodia (job, potential girlfriend) or the circumstances of his death, please share them here or contact me directly by private message. We would appreciate anything that could help us understand what happened.

Hi Chris, I'm sorry to hear of your loss condolences to you and your family. I knew your brother, although not extremely well, from going to La Patate and the odd shared drink across the street at Le Camarguais Bar. I hadn't seen him for a while so assumed he had left when Didier put La Patate up for sale. He was always very friendly, a good man and a really good chef. RIP
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

chris_ch wrote:Hi everyone,

Hi Chris. Condolences to all.

You may also want to see our CEO's Facebook page, where it seems a few of his friends also posted messages about him.

Did they say the cause of death?

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ That FB link isn't working.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"^^ That FB link isn't working."

Worked for me.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic