2017 KoW price breakdown,.,.,

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 2017 KoW price breakdown,.,.,

Post by Mr Curious »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:09 pm
Mr Curious wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:38 pm
these plates are FAR from the ones you originally posted. Normal. Even kinda not full. Won't kill ya and not a bad deal at 99 baht.
mate you obviously dont recognise what a full breakfast is :roll:
yeah i agree, the 2nd one definitely isnt, and if you look again, i only call it a "Breakfast" and not a "Full Breakfast",
i was comparing the top picture to the bottom picture :? and i say theres no comparison...

but yeah, this is a Full Breakfast...

the meaning of a full breakfast just means the Full ingredients of a Traditional English Breakfast
this Retox breakfast has 2 Sausage, 2 Bacon, 2 Eggs, Black Pudding, Beans, Tomato, Fried Potato, Toast, Fried Bread, a Mug of Tea and a Orange Juice
that my mate, is a Full Breakfast,

Trappers...."full breakfast with tea, fruit, two eggs. baguette and sausage was 5 $... "
is not a Full Breakfast
quite simple

FAR from the ones i originally posted though?
have another look mate....
this breakfast has an extra sausage, extra half a tomato an extra black pudding instead of fried bread, mushrooms instead of fried potato
they are practically the same apart from the 1 extra sausage and 1 half a tomato more, hardly FAR from different mate, dont be fooled by Retox's large plates lol
The very size of the sausage alone makes it like FOUR of the smaller offerings in that pic
almost let it pass as your age makes rational thought somewhat difficult. If you google for a southern breakie you'll find something possibly to your liking as it's chock full of grease, fat, and carbs. If you cannot admit that MOST people would get a lecture from their doctor for eating your "full English breakfast" then I'm done here. It's a fact. Only the fact that (presumably) you are in some level of training allows you to eat this for the first meal of the day many days a week (do you eat a "full" breakie even 5 days a week?) keeps you in the fighty mode. Won't go into your implied alcohol consumption at this point. I doubt PR's arteries wouild harden on this tho they would clog a bit over time. On the original pic, even the beans portion is double what the better of the two later pics are. Gads, baked beans for breakfast, that alone should disqualify you in any discussion about good foods to start the day with. If I ate your typical full breakie I'd be good to about 2pm. I used to start my day with 2 double cheeseburgers from Whataburger, which are about coffee saucer plate size babies. Course that was when I was your age and had NO concept of living to 60+.
While your bombastic natterings are usually good for a chuckle, sometimes it's just pure Ute talkin. I stand firm on my statements. I also agree that second pic at twice the money is an insult. For the same money I got THIS in the lower Mission district of SF the last time I went thru, tho a few years ago...

in fact someone from the UK slandering any other countries food is a bit of a chuckle. BLOOD pudding? sugary navy beans are picnic food ya twit, not a way to start the day.
But then the typical old school Southern breakie is just as bad with grits, biscuits with white gravy (mostly grease) sausages, eggs and perhaps some bacon too. Grease and carbs. Both daft except perhaps for the hardest working of the working class.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Mr. Curious, you need a good manicure;-)

What is that you are holding? Fore breakfast? Seriously? Looks like a highway to a pacemaker.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

What a strange post? ^^
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Mr Curious wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:49 pm The very size of the sausage alone makes it like FOUR of the smaller offerings in that pic
almost let it pass as your age makes rational thought somewhat difficult. If you google for a southern breakie you'll find something possibly to your liking as it's chock full of grease, fat, and carbs. If you cannot admit that MOST people would get a lecture from their doctor for eating your "full English breakfast" then I'm done here. It's a fact. Only the fact that (presumably) you are in some level of training allows you to eat this for the first meal of the day many days a week (do you eat a "full" breakie even 5 days a week?) keeps you in the fighty mode. Won't go into your implied alcohol consumption at this point. I doubt PR's arteries wouild harden on this tho they would clog a bit over time. On the original pic, even the beans portion is double what the better of the two later pics are. Gads, baked beans for breakfast, that alone should disqualify you in any discussion about good foods to start the day with. If I ate your typical full breakie I'd be good to about 2pm. I used to start my day with 2 double cheeseburgers from Whataburger, which are about coffee saucer plate size babies. Course that was when I was your age and had NO concept of living to 60+.
While your bombastic natterings are usually good for a chuckle, sometimes it's just pure Ute talkin. I stand firm on my statements. I also agree that second pic at twice the money is an insult. For the same money I got THIS in the lower Mission district of SF the last time I went thru, tho a few years ago...

in fact someone from the UK slandering any other countries food is a bit of a chuckle. BLOOD pudding? sugary navy beans are picnic food ya twit, not a way to start the day.
But then the typical old school Southern breakie is just as bad with grits, biscuits with white gravy (mostly grease) sausages, eggs and perhaps some bacon too. Grease and carbs. Both daft except perhaps for the hardest working of the working class.

can tell youre not English, so anything you say in invalid and uneducated :roll:

Why the British fry-up is the healthiest breakfast of all...

Researchers have discovered the perfect reason to tuck into a full English breakfast, and the best news that dieters have had in years.
For they found that starting the morning with a fatty meal may boost the metabolism for the rest of the day and prime the body to burn fat more efficiently.
Researchers from the University of Alabama, in Birmingham, U.S., found that mice who consumed high-fat food in the morning and a lighter, lower-fat meal in the evening showed lowered incidence of metabolic syndrome - a precursor to diabetes and heart disease.
Researchers have found that starting the morning with a fatty meal such as an English breakfast may boost the metabolism for the rest of the day and prime the body to burn fat more efficiently

The new research gives credence to the old adage of breakfasting like a king, lunching like a prince and dining like a pauper.
It also adds to a groundswell of scientific opinion that the traditional English breakfast is one of the best starts to the day.
'Get it right and it can be a healthy meal,' says Dr Carrie Ruxton, an independent registered nutritionist.
'A grilled English breakfast with beans, tomatoes and a glass of juice will give you three of your five daily recommended fruit and vegetable portions, and the high protein content is increasingly recognised as a key factor in satisfying hunger.'
There's evidence eggs are filling and can help you to eat fewer calories over the rest of the day.

FRIED EGG
PER AVERAGE: 107 calories, 8.3g fat.
WHY IT'S HEALTHY: Rich in B vitamins essential for cells to make energy, an egg is also one of the few good sources of vitamin D - there's around 25 per cent of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) in one egg - required for strong bones and a healthy immune system.
Eggs can help manage your weight - when two are eaten daily for breakfast, their high protein content contributes to an increased feeling of fullness compared with bagels of similar calorific value.
Researchers used to believe that cholesterol in eggs could increase the risk of coronary heart disease, but this link has now been disproved.

SAUSAGES
PER SAUSAGE (57G UNCOOKED WEIGHT): Approx 120 calories, 8.3g fat.
WHY THEY'RE HEALTHY: A protein-rich, B vitamin and iron-providing breakfast food that will help ensure you aren't hungry by mid-morning.

BACON
PER 2 RASHERS TRIMMED, GRILLED BACK BACON: 107 calories, 6.2g fat.
WHY IT'S HEALTHY: Surprisingly, a grilled rasher of lean back bacon with visible fat trimmed off has only just over 50 calories.
And it's another appetite-curbing protein food with a quarter of the RDA of vitamin B12 - essential for healthy nerves - per rasher.

MUSHROOMS
PER 44G AVERAGE FRIED PORTION: 69 calories, 7.2g fat.
WHY THEY'RE HEALTHY: With their high fibre content and ultra-low glycemic index (meaning they keep your blood sugar levels steady), mushrooms satisfy you even more than many other fruits and veg.
They're a good source of B vitamins, potassium (which helps maintain healthy blood pressure) and selenium, an important antioxidant for the immune system.
Fourteen baby buttons or one large portobello mushroom count as one vegetable portion.

BAKED BEANS
PER 100G PORTION: 86 calories, 0.5g fat.
WHY THEY'RE HEALTHY: Beans count as one of your daily veg servings and are a great source of soluble fibre that helps to lower cholesterol and keep your digestive system regular.
A small 100g portion (quarter of a can) provides over 10 per cent of the RDA of folic acid, a vitamin that's important for the health of red blood cells as well as a healthy pregnancy.

TOMATOES
PER 1 MEDIUM: 42 calories, 0.8g fat.
WHY THEY'RE HEALTHY: Tomatoes are one of the top five food sources of vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, potassium and fibre.
They're also an excellent source of plant chemicals thought to be health-protective, including lycopene - which lends tomatoes their red colour and is a powerful antioxidant.
Tomatoes are linked with lower risk of cardiovascular disease and with reduced risk of some cancers, too.

BLACK PUDDING
PER 30G SLICE: 75 calories, 4.5g fat.
WHY IT'S HEALTHY: With three times more iron than grilled rump steak, a judicious serving could be just what you need to prevent anaemia, with symptoms of lethargy, poor concentration and pale skin.

so lets have a look, a full English is said to have around 800-1000 calories, your average male is meant to take in 2500 calories in per day, its not a big deal...
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 2010 Dietary Guidelines, the typical woman needs about 2,000 calories per day, and the typical man 2,500 calories per day. If you consume three meals per day, your meals should contain 650 to 700 calories for a woman or 800 to 850 calories for a man.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/44013 ... -one-meal/

c'mon mr curious, instead of the pathetic name calling :roll: why dont you have a proper debate instead of boring me with your opinions...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

You forget to mention things like sodium in baked beans. Like all studies, this one tends to linger on the facts that support their thesis. Weights of ingredients also seem on the low side for a "real" breakfast.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

The calorie count may be fine, the cholesterol count is not.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Mr Curious wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:49 pm BLOOD pudding? sugary navy beans are picnic food ya twit, not a way to start the day.
Odd thing to say as navy beans are a good source of many essentials:

Navy beans, like other beans, are rich in dietary fiber. Soluble fiber forms a gel-like substance in the digestive tract that combines with bile (which contains cholesterol) and ferries it out of the body. Research studies have shown that insoluble fiber not only helps to increase stool bulk and prevent constipation, but also helps prevent digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome and diverticulosis.

Navy beans' contribution to heart health lies not just in their fiber, but in the significant amounts of folate and magnesium these beans supply. Folate helps lower levels of homocysteine, an amino acid that is an intermediate product in an important metabolic process called the methylation cycle. Elevated blood levels of homocysteine are an independent risk factor for heart attack, stroke, or peripheral vascular disease, and are found in between 20-40% of patients with heart disease. It has been estimated that consumption of 100% of the daily value (DV) of folate would, by itself, reduce the number of heart attacks suffered by Americans each year by 10%. Just one cup of cooked navy beans provides 63.7% of the recommended daily intake for folate.

Navy beans' good supply of magnesium puts yet another plus in the column of its beneficial cardiovascular effects. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... ce&dbid=88

While I wouldn't go with the superfood notion particularly Black pudding does supply many necessary vitamins and minerals, particularly iron. You could regard the sodium content as a downside, I think a serving provides half your daily requirement. I wouldn't eat it for breakfast personally, and definitely not on a picnic :D

Vitamins
Some of the vitamins present in black pudding include vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, E and K.

Mineral
black pudding, also contains minerals such as calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc and sodium. This also includes zinc, fluoride and all other minerals needed by the body.

Breakfast has traditionally been thought of as the most important meal of the day. There is some contention about this but does depend on metabolism, age and occupation.

The general advice from the health experts is to eat a substantial well-balanced breakfast, one that delivers its energy slowly over the course of the morning.5 Indeed, the failure to eat (a well-balanced) breakfast has been documented to have a deleterious impact on cognitive performance, with the academic performance of school-aged children being the focus of much of the research in this area (e.g., Mahoney et al., 1998; Murphy et al., 1998; Wesnes et al., 2003). The argument is that improving cognitive performance may be especially important amongst those of school age (see Adolpus et al., 2013; and Pollitt and Mathews, 1988, for reviews). However, the latest epidemiological results from Finland suggest that eggs can also enhance cognitive performance in middle-aged men too (Ylilauri et al., 2017). Breakfast: The most important meal of the day? Charles Spence http://ac.els-cdn.com/S1878450X17300045 ... 6f4cdff91c

Personally I always make my own breakfast and varies from, bacon and egg, through scrambled egg, to muesli with fruit.

saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

Canned beans and pork from Angkor mart are nice.

Beats bor bor any day of the week.
Ya can't beat a bonza Aussie sausage made out of kangaroo pizzle though.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

saigonjackpot wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 pm Ya can't beat a bonza Aussie sausage made out of kangaroo pizzle though.
yeah ya can...lincolnshire sausage is the ultimate brekki sausage :D
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:03 pm
saigonjackpot wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 pm Ya can't beat a bonza Aussie sausage made out of kangaroo pizzle though.
yeah ya can...lincolnshire sausage is the ultimate brekki sausage :D
Even better Lincoln sausage, Toad in the hole, good Yorkshire Pudding :)
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic