American TAYLOR HARTLEY: You left your wallet with Several Hundred Dollars in it at Park Cafe in Phnom Penh

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: American TAYLOR HARTLEY: You left your wallet with Several Hundred Dollars in it at Park Cafe in Phnom Penh

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:28 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:08 pm
We used to live across from Sesame Noodle in TTP, and always left a dollar tip. For whatever reason we didn't eat there for about six weeks, and one of the regular servers met me at the door with "Bong, you always leave $1 - last time you were here, you left $10, I think maybe you make a mistake, so we kept it for you" and tried to hand it back to me. I was stunned and so naturally told them to split the tenner between them. More often than not, I find Khmer to be absolutely trustworthy and honest, more-so than many westerners.
yeah despite the "scarefactors" influenced by travellers who make out everyones trying to scam you, there are a lot of good eggs here that are very honest and generous
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Soyoung123
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: American TAYLOR HARTLEY: You left your wallet with Several Hundred Dollars in it at Park Cafe in Phnom Penh

Post by Soyoung123 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 am

This is awesome. Need more of these storys. Wonder if he picked it up
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic