Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Post by fax »

He is posting pictures on his Facebook of his children living with him in England.

Perhaps the interview was done on the assumption of his innocence and releasing that now is kinda awkward because who wants to defend a pedo...
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Post by angkorjohn2 »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:45 am Convicted, suspended sentence.

https://nextshark.com/british-pedophile ... -cambodia/
Sorry I mean the recorded interview with him and CEO. I thought there was an interview but it was held off publishing it as he was going to do a big tell-all when back in the UK which he didn't so one year on are we going to hear what he said to CEO or not?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:09 am I spoke to him the afternoon of the next day and that interview was conducted far more professionally, with recording and all.
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:39 pm My opinion changed after meeting him. He tells a very convincing story and I’m inclined to believe him.
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:02 pm When he was talking to us I got the sense he really wasn’t trying to hide anything.
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 am I am helping him to put the story together but it will take a little bit of time.

I’m really hoping it will be early next week but I can’t promise.
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm He believes he knows why, he will be telling his story really soon.
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 pm He apparently got some legal advice and decided not to go public just yet.
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:09 am I offered to help him write his story, he agreed, so I started.
Then he came back to me and said that he wouldn't be able to write anything himself (from his point of view) but his father could post Mark's story from his perspective etc. At that point it all got a bit too complicated for me and I bailed.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

fax wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 am
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:09 am I spoke to him the afternoon of the next day and that interview was conducted far more professionally, with recording and all.
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:39 pm My opinion changed after meeting him. He tells a very convincing story and I’m inclined to believe him.
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:02 pm When he was talking to us I got the sense he really wasn’t trying to hide anything.
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 am I am helping him to put the story together but it will take a little bit of time.

I’m really hoping it will be early next week but I can’t promise.
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm He believes he knows why, he will be telling his story really soon.
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 pm He apparently got some legal advice and decided not to go public just yet.
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:09 am I offered to help him write his story, he agreed, so I started.
Then he came back to me and said that he wouldn't be able to write anything himself (from his point of view) but his father could post Mark's story from his perspective etc. At that point it all got a bit too complicated for me and I bailed.
Thanks Fax that's the one I was thinking about!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Good question, John.

Without going back and reading it all again right now, I recall him being very adamant about his side of the story (and I would go as far to say he came off very convincingly at the time), but he soon started going back on things, and it seemed less important to get his statements out for the public, as it started to seem more and more like it wasn't very credible and more like a conspiracy theory.

That said, I'll talk to Roz about it, as no doubt it would still be 'interesting' at the very least.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I hope social services have been made aware of his recent history?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

In the beginning he said he was more than happy to talk and go on record. When he got back to the UK he was advised to speak to no one and that was the end of that.

Originally he said he would post his story on CEO himself, then his dad was going to do it and then it all got too complicated and weird.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Rock Spider
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:15 pm then his dad was going to do it and then it all got too complicated and weird.
Do you still have the recording? You should post the audio for his quotes or ideally the whole transcript for the entire thing. If you can't be arsed transcribing it you can send it to me and I'll do it. What is he going to do, complain about journalistic integrity?

If you look at his Facebook profile you'll see numerous pictures of him together with his children. They are right now in England together with him. The authorities have clearly processed him because he was in British court and had to register as a sex offender. It is possible that he's sang the set-up blues and that they've bought into it allowing the children to be in his care, the same way both you and GM believed the story.

Just maybe, publishing his bullshittery in public, letting your favorite forum opponents dissect the guy and grill him real good can raise the questions the authorities forgot to ask. Maybe, just maybe, the kids can be moved to a safer place if certain things come to light.
Artfarty
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Artfarty »

fax wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:36 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:15 pm then his dad was going to do it and then it all got too complicated and weird.
Do you still have the recording? You should post the audio for his quotes or ideally the whole transcript for the entire thing. If you can't be arsed transcribing it you can send it to me and I'll do it. What is he going to do, complain about journalistic integrity?

If you look at his Facebook profile you'll see numerous pictures of him together with his children. They are right now in England together with him. The authorities have clearly processed him because he was in British court and had to register as a sex offender. It is possible that he's sang the set-up blues and that they've bought into it allowing the children to be in his care, the same way both you and GM believed the story.

Just maybe, publishing his bullshittery in public, letting your favorite forum opponents dissect the guy and grill him real good can raise the questions the authorities forgot to ask. Maybe, just maybe, the kids can be moved to a safer place if certain things come to light.
You raise some very good points and that should be done that way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic