Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Post by Barang chgout »

Now I really do want to hear his side of things. Should be immensely entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Post by Duncan »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:59 pm Now I really do want to hear his side of things. Should be immensely entertaining.

Shouldn't we all have waited until we heard his side of things before we ,, the internet jury,,, judged him guilty ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Duncan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:23 pm Shouldn't we all have waited until we heard his side of things before we ,, the internet jury,,, judged him guilty ?
It was a CPP conspiracy to get money from the CNRP supporting owner of the school. That's the story that will clear him from everything. His father said he's a top bloke.

angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Duncan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:23 pm
Barang chgout wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:59 pm Now I really do want to hear his side of things. Should be immensely entertaining.

Shouldn't we all have waited until we heard his side of things before we ,, the internet jury,,, judged him guilty ?
I thought it was the court that judged him guilty?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

angkorjohn wrote:

Yeah, he's been given a platform, and has even said he was going to post, then changed that and said his dad will post, and even that hasn't happened yet.

I don't know the ends and outs of it all, but I kinda feel he loses some credibility when he says he'll let CEO know what happened, then doesn't.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Well maybe he was waiting for his British court case to be over before writing his tell all, just to give it a proper conclusion (or maybe not to jeopardize his case)....If he was thinking of writing a book to get money from him it is unlikely anyone will be interested now that this has come about. I have no idea about the UK legal system but I would assume it is evidence based, ergo they have received evidence from Cambodia of his case, of the charges, of the conviction and of the sentence he was given and also why he had to leave Cambodia.

If he says he wasn't charged and if i recall General you saw him out and about as free man and that he was just leaving Cambodia due to damaged reputation and fear for his safety as a CNRP stooge then none of this would have attracted any attention from the British courts I would think. So how has it come to court and put him on a register....they must have seen some evidence.....
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

General Mackevili wrote:
angkorjohn wrote:

Yeah, he's been given a platform, and has even said he was going to post, then changed that and said his dad will post, and even that hasn't happened yet.

I don't know the ends and outs of it all, but I kinda feel he loses some credibility when he says he'll let CEO know what happened, then doesn't.
Sadly, I have to agree.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

angkorjohn wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:17 pm Well maybe he was waiting for his British court case to be over before writing his tell all, just to give it a proper conclusion (or maybe not to jeopardize his case)....If he was thinking of writing a book to get money from him it is unlikely anyone will be interested now that this has come about. I have no idea about the UK legal system but I would assume it is evidence based, ergo they have received evidence from Cambodia of his case, of the charges, of the conviction and of the sentence he was given and also why he had to leave Cambodia.

If he says he wasn't charged and if i recall General you saw him out and about as free man and that he was just leaving Cambodia due to damaged reputation and fear for his safety as a CNRP stooge then none of this would have attracted any attention from the British courts I would think. So how has it come to court and put him on a register....they must have seen some evidence.....
He's not got a British court case. If you are convicted of a sexual crime against minors overseas, which he has been, but the sentence compared to committing the crime in the UK is considered too lenient, a la Glitter, then you get a British court case. However he's not, he's got an order to sign the Sex Offender's Register. In order for the offence not to stand he has to get it rescinded or commuted in Cambodia.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Let's not forget were talking about a 5 year old child here. I call fucken rock spider.

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Paedo, no question, imho.

Reminds me of some bogan who denied it and also hid behind the law by paying off lawyers, same strategy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic