Definition of a business and/or "working"?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Re: Definition of a business and/or "working"?

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:01 pm Fk sake! They're not visas, they're extensions of stay of an E-type visa....why is it so hard for people to understand?

I even posted the link to an English translation of the latest immigration sub-decree on visas on a recent thread for you to read
Yeah, I forget. In my defense, I have letters coming out of my ears on this, I've read so much about it over the years. Link please? So both the EB and the EG are extensions. Wish I could remember what the difference is. :crazy:
See crook!!!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:09 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:01 pm Fk sake! They're not visas, they're extensions of stay of an E-type visa....why is it so hard for people to understand?

I even posted the link to an English translation of the latest immigration sub-decree on visas on a recent thread for you to read
Yeah, I forget. In my defense, I have letters coming out of my ears on this, I've read so much about it over the years. Link please? So both the EB and the EG are extensions. Wish I could remember what the difference is. :crazy:
ive never seen/heard of an EG
only EB - E-visa extension for business
or ER - E-visa extension for Retirement
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:03 pm Yeah someone mentioned EG but I'm not even sure that was an option before. Still feel like this place is cowboy enough no-one's gonna notice or care if I run an Airbnb - except for the whole being white part. That, and I am 100% sure my neighbours would dob me in in an instant, because they are c*nts.

Can I get WP as a sole trader?

Anyone else have experience or suggestions?
you can, but i think you have to register your business first and put yourself as the owner of the business, then you can file for your own WP
afaik
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Um yes we both understand that already.

I said "E visa, [and] EB = E business, EG = E General extensions of stay"
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:09 pmI'm special.
You're so special you're in your own category of special!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:51 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:03 pm Yeah someone mentioned EG but I'm not even sure that was an option before. Still feel like this place is cowboy enough no-one's gonna notice or care if I run an Airbnb - except for the whole being white part. That, and I am 100% sure my neighbours would dob me in in an instant, because they are c*nts.

you can, but i think you have to register your business first and put yourself as the owner of the business, then you can file for your own WP
afaik
That sounds expensive and like it's not worth my while because I might only rent out my place a week per month over the course of a year. It's hard to know ofc.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:

afaik
Work is a a $400 wurd.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

afaik
That's around $1000 to register, plus translation fees and tea money etc. Do they let you off the first 3 years tax if you have a decent accountant? Cheaper to pay the fines I expect.
by PSD-Kiwi » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:01 pm
There have been changes to the extension of stay options for the E-type (Ordinary) visa, there are now 6 different options available. I have not come across any official announcements on these from the Immigration department or MoFAIC yet though, nor details of requirements and costs.

You still apply for the E-type visa on arrival, but when you extend you choose one of the 6 extension of stay options that is relevant to your circumstances
See crook!!!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:18 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:01 pm Fk sake....
Um yes we both understand that already.

I said "E visa, [and] EB = E business, EG = E General extensions of stay"
My post wasn't aimed at you.

To the poster who requested a link...

ask-the-expats-questions-answers/planni ... 19-10.html
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:44 am

afaik
That's around $1000 to register, plus translation fees and tea money etc. Do they let you off the first 3 years tax if you have a decent accountant? Cheaper to pay the fines I expect.
by PSD-Kiwi » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:01 pm
There have been changes to the extension of stay options for the E-type (Ordinary) visa, there are now 6 different options available. I have not come across any official announcements on these from the Immigration department or MoFAIC yet though, nor details of requirements and costs.

You still apply for the E-type visa on arrival, but when you extend you choose one of the 6 extension of stay options that is relevant to your circumstances
Person who typed that up needs to learn how to use bullet points.
What if I got a WP and say I'm working remotely for an Australian company? And just do Airbnb on the DL? Better to ask for forgiveness than permission? :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic