Would you move your family to Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Would you move your family to Cambodia?

Post by phuketrichard »

hanno wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:43 pm
Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm Owned houses, cars, health for 35 plus years..... never paid insurance. That's a lot of money that I haven't given to those leaches.
But you're probably right, best to insure for everything. It's a scary world outside and you might die at any time whereupon a large payout will surely buy you a front row seat in heaven.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Tell that to a friend of mine who had an accident, ended up as a quadriplegic and whose parents had to sell their house to pay the medical bill....

Or a trainee that had to pay USD 30,000 just for the medevac.....

why did they need sell tier house to pay their sons bill? surely a parent is not libel for their kids past age 21..
I have saved tens of thousands of $$ not paying for insurance,i do agree something MIGHT happen (than again the sky might fall as well) but i am not going to let that influence the way i live my life.

Bottom line, insurance companies MAKE money (and lots of it) not lose it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:53 pm
Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm Owned houses, cars, health for 35 plus years..... never paid insurance. That's a lot of money that I haven't given to those leaches.
But you're probably right, best to insure for everything. It's a scary world outside and you might die at any time whereupon a large payout will surely buy you a front row seat in heaven.

Tell that to a friend of mine who had an accident, ended up as a quadriplegic and whose parents had to sell their house to pay the medical bill....

why did they need sell tier house to pay their sons bill? surely a parent is not libel for their kids past age 21..
I have saved tens of thousands of $$ not paying for insurance,i do agree something MIGHT happen (than again the sky might fall as well) but i am not going to let that influence the way i live my life.

And leave the son to rot in a Vietnamese hospital?

If you are an adult and think you do not take out an insurance, it is your call (stupid, but your call). If you travel with a family, it is criminal, not just stupid. Do insurances make money. Sure, but the few times I needed an insurance, I was damn glad I had one.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

hanno wrote:

Yep! Got a friend who's mum paid over 100k sterling to ship him home after he grated his jaw off, down the road with no helmet! Life is so damn scary!

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

phuketrichard wrote:

This!

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

hanno wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:53 pm

And leave the son to rot in a Vietnamese hospital?

If you are an adult and think you do not take out an insurance, it is your call (stupid, but your call). If you travel with a family, it is criminal, not just stupid. Do insurances make money. Sure, but the few times I needed an insurance, I was damn glad I had one.
How very German of you.

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 pmHow very German of you.
How very cnutish of you, what the heck has nationality got to do with it? Most people that I know have insurance, nothing to do with nationality. I sincerely hope I never see you on a GoFund me page.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

It's that wonderful, pig headed surity that you guys have. I have many German friends and just like you they are all SURE they are right ( in a German kind of way). As for me being a cunt, while this may be true, I'm not aggressively attacking posters here when I disagree with their life choices ( mostly).

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

And another one without insurance who now has to rely on crowd-funding:

Scot shot in chest in Flipperland:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-gla ... t-40697373
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Mate, I rely on MY funding.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic