Where can I buy Bitcoin in Phnom Penh, Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Where can I buy Bitcoin in Phnom Penh, Cambodia?

Post by chorlton »

the oracle shares his prophetic knowledge from the heavens with the filthy kafirs

I'll be sure to dump my investments at once

%)
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
cowyippee
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cowyippee »

I just hope that people would invest on Riel :D even though I'm not Cambodian it feels a little... wrong to use US Dollars instead of Riel when it is over 8000 km to Alaska :) with all due respect to the American people.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Bitcoin trading partially suspended as value of cryptocurrency plunges
23 December 2017
- Trading in bitcoin was partially suspended on Friday after the value of the cryptocurrency plummeted.

Prices dropped 44 per cent from last weekend’s record highs. As they fell below $11,000 (£8,200) – down from almost $20,000 (£15,000) – some exchanges stopped traders buying and selling.

The value of the cryptocurrency has rocketed in recent weeks and has risen from around $1,000 (£750) at the start of 2017. Many commentators have warned that the surge is a bubble that could soon burst.

Friday’s fall prompted three exchanges to halt trading. One, Coinbase, said buying and selling was disabled as a result of technical problems caused by high traffic. It later reopened trading as prices recovered to above $13,000 (£9,700).

The drop, which also affected other cryptocurrencies, is believed to be a result of panic selling amid speculation that the bitcoin bubble could be about to burst...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bitco ... 26116.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Well, my cryptocurrencies were up to about $5,400 a couple days ago, now "down" to about $4,500.

Still way up from the $480 put in over the past 11 months or so.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 am And, the hard fork was cancelled a few days back.
The on again, off again, SegWit2 hard fork is ON AGAIN. Tomorrow apparently.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/hard-for ... ys-founder
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Username Taken wrote:
Username Taken wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 am And, the hard fork was cancelled a few days back.
The on again, off again, SegWit2 hard fork is ON AGAIN. Tomorrow apparently.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/hard-for ... ys-founder
What to do, what to do....

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"I promise that all BTC holders will receive not only B2X in the ratio of 1 to 1, but also a proportional number of Satoshi Nakamoto`s Bitcoins as a reward for their commitment to progress.

Jaap Terlouw, Founder of the project"

http://b2x-segwit.io/
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Username Taken wrote:"I promise that all BTC holders will receive not only B2X in the ratio of 1 to 1, but also a proportional number of Satoshi Nakamoto`s Bitcoins as a reward for their commitment to progress.

Jaap Terlouw, Founder of the project"

http://b2x-segwit.io/
:popcorn:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

New Bitcoin SegWit2X Hard Fork is a scam?

"In fact, aside from the same name with the original SegWit2X fork that was canceled, none of the entities that were involved with the true project have had anything to do with today’s fork. Moreover, online reports state that the new SegWIit2X is a separate project that takes advantage of the name of the true fork.

Following on this, Jaap Terlouw appears not to have any information in regards to his status as a “developer” anywhere online. The business developer of the project, Donna Khuyz, has no active LinkedIn profile. Some online reports state that the archived version of Khuyz’s Instagram profile indicates her as a “Model, Dancer, Actress, and Business Woman”."

https://atozforex.com/news/new-bitcoin- ... is-a-scam/

More on Reddit:
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Username Taken wrote:New Bitcoin SegWit2X Hard Fork is a scam?

"In fact, aside from the same name with the original SegWit2X fork that was canceled, none of the entities that were involved with the true project have had anything to do with today’s fork. Moreover, online reports state that the new SegWIit2X is a separate project that takes advantage of the name of the true fork.

Following on this, Jaap Terlouw appears not to have any information in regards to his status as a “developer” anywhere online. The business developer of the project, Donna Khuyz, has no active LinkedIn profile. Some online reports state that the archived version of Khuyz’s Instagram profile indicates her as a “Model, Dancer, Actress, and Business Woman”."

https://atozforex.com/news/new-bitcoin- ... is-a-scam/

More on Reddit:
More of the same https://cointelegraph.com/news/what-the ... pment-team
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic