Where can I buy Bitcoin in Phnom Penh, Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Where can I buy Bitcoin in Phnom Penh, Cambodia?

Post by Gardiguy »

Ripple is on a pretty impressive run, should hold up as it is one of the few useful crypto's around and has some massive potential if it moves online transfers much better than swift does as people says it does.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Gardiguy wrote:Ripple is on a pretty impressive run, should hold up as it is one of the few useful crypto's around and has some massive potential if it moves online transfers much better than swift does as people says it does.
Xrp has risen 300 percent in 2 weeks, rumour has it that Coinbase will soon be adopting xrp which should boost it even more. Also, sounds like ripple might be trying to move into China for quicker, more stable transactions which can only mean good things for xrp. It is already in use in Canada by 3 of the top 5 banks for fiat transfers. Instantaneous and extremely cheap compared to swift and Interac transfers.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Gardiguy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:33 am
Gardiguy wrote:Ripple is on a pretty impressive run, should hold up as it is one of the few useful crypto's around and has some massive potential if it moves online transfers much better than swift does as people says it does.
Xrp has risen 300 percent in 2 weeks, rumour has it that Coinbase will soon be adopting xrp which should boost it even more. Also, sounds like ripple might be trying to move into China for quicker, more stable transactions which can only mean good things for xrp. It is already in use in Canada by 3 of the top 5 banks for fiat transfers. Instantaneous and extremely cheap compared to swift and Interac transfers.
Anyone know how long bitcoincash transactions are taking to go through? How about Bitcoin on average also please?
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Yeah, how about Ethereum and next-gen crypto without block chain? The one that doesn't use so mich electricity?
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Abc123 wrote:
Gardiguy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:33 am
Anyone know how long bitcoincash transactions are taking to go through? How about Bitcoin on average also please?
Not sure about bitcoin cash but btc was up to 5 to 6 hours for a transaction last week.
Last edited by Gardiguy on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

SmartAston Martin wrote:Yeah, how about Ethereum and next-gen crypto without block chain? The one that doesn't use so mich electricity?
I really like eth, had some but sold at $750, but honestly have no idea of the ceiling for it. I haven't really looked too much into next-Gen crypto, as with all new things, it will be hit or miss imo.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

To the person that send me a private message to buy crypto: I can't respond to your message because you disabled private message receipt (that's the message I get when I try to respond). But since you asked about buying Dogecoin and Bcash I'm not sure if you're serious. If you want to talk I can do it here or enable your private messages please.
just noise, white noise
BC enthusiast
Tourist
Australia

Post by BC enthusiast »

whiteribbon wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:39 pm To the person that send me a private message to buy crypto: I can't respond to your message because you disabled private message receipt (that's the message I get when I try to respond). But since you asked about buying Dogecoin and Bcash I'm not sure if you're serious. If you want to talk I can do it here or enable your private messages please.
Hi, I'm interested in buying some bitcoin. Can you pm me please? Thanks
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Sorry, I don't mind helping out long time members here or people with a lot of posts and karma but not new members with 1 post. Hope you understand I want to protect myself a bit too.
just noise, white noise
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The lighter side of bitcoin: The Virtual Currency Girls

Bitcoin.com - Official Channel
Published on Jan 8, 2018
Japanese female idols have teamed up to form the ‘Virtual Currency Girls’ group to promote the knowledge of cryptocurrencies through entertainment. Each of its 8 members represents a cryptocurrency: bitcoin cash, bitcoin, ether, neo, nem, ripple, mona, and cardano.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic