Any tips on avoiding binge drinking???

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Any tips on avoiding binge drinking???

Post by Duncan »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:52 pm
one_dolla wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:40 pm Drink 8-12 beers nightly never have a night off because then after the next night back on it you'll suffer in the morning after.
This is not easy it takes practice.
If you drink every night you don't get hangovers?

But if you don't drink, you also don't get a hangover.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"But if you don't drink, you also don't get a hangover."

Yeah, but then you miss out on seeing the fat chick through the drinking glass dimly.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

As a recovering alcoholic who was one bottle away from death I say stop drinking immediately if you want a straight up answer. Life without alcohol aint easy in the beginning, but way more fulfilling in the long run. Plus the shakes and cravings, and cold sweats, and waking up in strange places, and all that other crap will be gone for good. If I didnt stop drinking I wouldnt have a beautiful wife and two beautiful kids. So weigh your options brother. Good luck!
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

4 to 5 beers is bugger all. You'll sweat that out. If you're only getting hammered once a month what exactly is the issue? Like everyone else said, it's dehydration that's giving you the hangover. Drink some water. Don't let people who have a problem with booze tell you that you have a problem, misery loves company. Remember to have two AFDs a week and you'll be golden. You should also make sure you line your stomach with carbohydrates before drinking, that way your rational mind can stay in the driving seat for longer.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Rational mind ^ I love to have a ride out in the sticks and sit with a few locals I know, There we will share a few bottles of jungle juice and have conversations none of us know. I offer always to pay on leaving, but the guys are fair, they pay their wear. Now I have myself a little problem on leaving, lightheaded or pissed. But from the village a young damsel whom is just happening to be going to market will happily give me a lift back on my moto. So slowly out of the village, with my chin upon her shoulder and arms around her waist. Soon we arrive safely at my little abode. Thank you is my reply to the lovely lady. "Sir can I help you with anything more" Now that is a sobering thought :)
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:36 pm 4 to 5 beers is bugger all. You'll sweat that out. If you're only getting hammered once a month what exactly is the issue?

Like everyone else said, it's dehydration that's giving you the hangover.

Drink some water. Don't let people who have a problem with booze tell you that you have a problem, misery loves company. Remember to have two AFDs a week and you'll be golden. You should also make sure you line your stomach with carbohydrates before drinking, that way your rational mind can stay in the driving seat for longer.

This is how it was explained to me by a German girl who once worked at a large German brewery. Her job was in the laboratory testing the products before the brewery bought them . Top of their list was hops, because in the field where they grow they are susceptible to many pests and mildew because of the dense foliage, they spray the shit out of them. Any trace of the sprays used, that remains on the hops during the brewing process is easily combined with the alcohol in the beer . So it's not so much the alcohol that gives you a hangover , but the residue of the sprays combined with the alcohol ,
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

LOL, not so much the alcohol that gives you a hangover...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

vladimir wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:39 pm LOL, not so much the alcohol that gives you a hangover...
the alcohol makes you dehydrated, which gives you a hangover,
have a pint of water before you go to bed and you will wake up in a lot better state
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Can you get hold of that electrolyte powder they have in 7/11s out in Thailand? dump that an a berocca in a 2l of water.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:50 pm Can you get hold of that electrolyte powder they have in 7/11s out in Thailand? dump that an a berocca in a 2l of water.
Ahhhh Royal D's... yeah you can find them in Cambodia mate, i would think most minimarts have them, bought them in some of the smaller khmer shops too in Sihanoukville, obviously not as easy to find as a 7/11 is in Thailand though haha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic