50,000 Thai Citizens Sign Petition to Kick American Expat Nate Barling Out of Thailand (My Mate Nate on YouTube)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

50,000 Thai Citizens Sign Petition to Kick American Expat Nate Barling Out of Thailand (My Mate Nate on YouTube)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Bangkok, Thailand: Thais netizens joined forces in an attempt to boot controversial expat YouTuber My Mate Nate out of the country. The latest petition that’s going viral asks the immigration department to cancel his visa and exile him from Thailand.

American Nate Barling’s recent YouTube video, in which he flattened coins on a train track, has drawn criticism over the hazard it may have caused to the train.

The petition, which has been signed by over 50,000 people, demanded that the Thai government kick him out of Thailand because he has “caused public annoyance and disrespected Thai people.” The petition went on to cite his previous misbehavior, adding that his YouTube channel, which he makes profit from, is “easily accessible by children” and is “setting a bad example” to the country’s youth, who staunchly defend him on internet forums.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thais- ... e-country/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: 50,000 Thai Citizens Sign Petition to Kick American Expat Nate Barling Out of Thailand (My Mate Nate on YouTube)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

lad has 3.2 million subbys on Youtube though that are apparently backing him to stay in thailand lol
hes fluent in Thai, anyone know his history? was he born in Thailand or moved there? his Thai is great
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Re: 50,000 Thai Citizens Sign Petition to Kick American Expat Nate Barling Out of Thailand (My Mate Nate on YouTube)

Post by lostjeremy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:lad has 3.2 million subbys on Youtube though that are apparently backing him to stay in thailand lol
hes fluent in Thai, anyone know his history? was he born in Thailand or moved there? his Thai is great
Former Mormon missionary.... Just like the ones here who speak excellent Khmer....I definitely don't agree with their views but I admit they do it right by training their people in the local languages before sending them out to whatever country.

I was wondering the same questions and found this

Sent from my Furious 7 Pro using Tapatalk

saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:41 am lad has 3.2 million subbys on Youtube though that are apparently backing him to stay in thailand lol
He looks like s real douchebag.

As most expats in LoS.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

another attention whore
YOUTUBE PRANKSTER Nate Bartling, better known on Facebook as My Mate Nate, yesterday apologised to the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) over his video clip in which he placed several coins on a railway track to test their strength.

He said after meeting SRT deputy governor Thanongsak Pongprasert that he would use this incident as a lesson and was ready to take responsibility for what he had done.
He was sad that a large number of people have sought his deportation from Thailand as he had no proper visa. He said he had a work permit to work in Thailand. Immigration police at the press briefing examined his immigration document and found it to be legitimate. He said also that he was now afraid to leave his home, fearing for his safety as many people did not like his video clips. In another controversial video posted before the coin experiment, he organised, recorded and posted a fight between his own cat and a scorpion. Many cat lovers sought police action against him, alleging animal cruelty. More than 120,000 people signed a petition to have him arrested.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30321015
He has 3.3 million followers on the Google-owned service, and his videos attract up to 10 million viewers each. Viewing a video one time triggers up to 17 adverts - each resulting in a small payment to Mr Bartling. If a viewer clicks on an advertisement, it's a much bigger payoff.

But in addition to his apparently illegal online work, Mr Bartling also runs a "souvenir" business from his various websites including YouTube, where he advertises and sells "My Mate Nate merchandise" such as caps (400 baht) T-shirts (350 baht) and, weirdly, a branded drone model that has his cartoon image on the top. It costs 1,990 baht.

Mr Bartling admits he has never had a work permit. But, merchandise sales aside, he has a non-trivial income from his online activities.

It is impossible to pinpoint that income. Industry watchers Tubefilter.com figures that the 1,000 top-earning YouTube channels in the world receive an annual average income from Google of $23,000, or more than 800,000 baht. Mr Bartling's viewers, subscribers and commenters are well above the average required to earn that figure.

But there's more. Mr Bartling's Facebook account has nearly a million followers (997,137, as of midnight Monday). He receives advertising commissions on that site, and he also uses Facebook to sell his merchandise.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ank-videos
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ahh yeah he is a douche but much better than bloody NJH
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Thai citizens complaining about cruelty to animals, that's rich.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

No mate Nate is in immigration gettin deported.

Acordong to pattaya one website anyways.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

Thai citizens complaining about foreigners. That's common!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

saigonjackpot wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:36 pm No mate Nate is in immigration gettin deported.

Acordong to pattaya one website anyways.
showing of again u dont know shit>>> I think u should just post about what you know> mean u would never comment on anything :stir:
he has been released as he holds a valid Non B visa and has applied for a wp :popcorn:
Immigration Police released controversial American YouTuber My Mate Nate last night, after they found out he is staying in Thailand on a business visa.
https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/mate-n ... migration/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic