EOS renewals - July update

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

EOS renewals - July update

Post by StroppyChops »

There hasn't been a discussion on EOS renewals in the past few weeks, so clearly it's time for a new one.

I spoke with a guy today who states he got his EB EOS at the Immigration office over the road from the airport at $170pa. He has a Khmer wife and family, and was required to show not only documents, including WP, for himself, but (for some bizarre reason, probably just "Cambodia") for his family - family book, etc. When the officials started to play games with the price (quoting the usual $280) he asked to see the printed schedule of fees, on which was clearly stated the price he paid - $170.

Apparently this works as long as your documentation is squeaky clean. I imagine if there's a gap in your WPs, you'll cop a fine for that. But if you're up to date, you're good to go.

Mrs Stroppy went out to the office for our last renewals and got the Bodge Two-Step, resulting in a trip to Lucky Lucky, but I reckon I'll give this a go next year and take a Khmer mate that enjoys a good argument with me.

This is second-hand information, you've probably been told otherwise (even by me), and your experience with almost certainly vary. So, pinch of salt.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: EOS renewals - July update

Post by Username Taken »

Extended at Lucky Lucky last week for $288

How long did your friend's visa take to process?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:12 pm Extended at Lucky Lucky last week for $288

How long did your friend's visa take to process?
Yeah, we did too, about a month ago. :|

He didn't say, but I would imagine the usual time (3-5 days) - I'll check with him if you like.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

See krook! Lucky Lucky should rename itself Greedy Greedy.
See crook!!!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:55 pmApparently this works as long as your documentation is squeaky clean.
Well that narrows it down to about 2 people.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Okay, a few edits for clarity.

The guy in question provided his passport, Cambodian marriage certificate, Family Book (which he's listed in) and the Cambodian birth certificates for his children (game: oversupply, confuse the officials!).

The only document Immigration actually requested was his passport. He was NOT asked to provide a WP which is good, as he doesn't have one - doesn't need one as he was legally married in Cambodia.

Took three days, Immigration phoned and offered to deliver it (I'm sure a delivery fee would have been expected) but he collected it, paid and was receipted for $170.

He's out of the country for a couple of months, but will send through a copy of the receipt when he gets back, if either of us remember. I think it would make arguing with Immigration a whole lot easier if you can flash a copy of a receipt at them. Also gives a whole lot clearer a picture about the level of scammery that's going on in Bodge.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:12 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:55 pmApparently this works as long as your documentation is squeaky clean.
Well that narrows it down to about 2 people.
Neither of which is you or I, but read the post above... documentation not required.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think you mean neither of whom...tbh, I'm not sure meself
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 pm I think you mean neither of whom...tbh, I'm not sure meself
You're right, but I was sharing information, not grading an essay.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

thanks for the update mate
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic