Why did the French view Cambodians as children?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Why did the French view Cambodians as children?

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Because of stupid shit like this I expect.
Yet another ex CPP commune chief refusing to give up his office/ toys.

Former Commune Chief Holds On to Office
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/form ... ce-132359/

"BY VAN ROEUN | JULY 11, 2017

Another handover of a commune office from a ruling party official to his opposition counterpart is proving problematic, with a newly elected CNRP commune chief in Siem Reap City being forced to work outside his office because the former CPP chief refuses to budge.

Chen Sokngeng, 26, won the June 4 ballot in Sala Kamroeuk commune and was due to officially take over from Sam Lorn, 60, on Friday. However, the local CPP veteran has locked the office and refused to vacate the premises.

“He did not unlock the room for me to work in as commune chief and asked me to work in another place,” Mr. Sokngeng said on Monday. “It shows that he has clung to his power.”

A video posted to Facebook shows the young CNRP official working outside the locked room in a communal area with the commune’s councillors.

“He does not cooperate with us,” Mr. Sokngeng said. “Please, authorities help solve this problem.”

Mr. Lorn admitted that he had refused to remove his belongings, justifying his actions by claiming that he built the room in 2002 and was still serving as second deputy commune chief. He said he had removed a sign that showed the room was for the commune chief.

“I still have a position as second commune chief so I have to work in that room,” Mr. Lorn said. “We should work together to avoid being criticized by the people. We should not quarrel over the room.”

While there is only one private office in the building, the incoming chief could use cabinets to partition the shared space and secure an area for himself, Mr. Lorn said.

“It’s a trifling matter,” he said.

... Article continues
Last edited by AlonzoPartriz on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
See crook!!!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Why did the French view Cambodians as children?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Hahaha. Kingdom of Wonder.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Haha, good one!

Classic colonial tactic.

Men got called boys, women got called girls, merely to lessen their importance/stature, so that any disenfranchisement would not seem so bad.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

What do think the chances of HE giving​ up his office will be? It doesn't bode well, does it?
See crook!!!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

We are in the bode. Nothing bodes well.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

vladimir wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 pm We are in the bode. Nothing bodes well.
Stop giving Frank the willies.
I wouldn't mind being a Cambodian landlord in a tourist bar/ restaurant area. It would almost be about time to retire to my villa on Lake Geneva.
See crook!!!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:15 pmStop giving Frank the willies.
Frank has never seen my willie
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

vladimir wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:21 pm
AlonzoPartriz wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:15 pmStop giving Frank the willies.
Frank has never seen my willie
I'm sure you can change that.
See crook!!!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

did your daughter tell you that?
pillow talk never stays private
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They viewed Cambodians like that because they were racist cunts. It's interesting that the Social Justice Warrior who started this thread shares those views. He'd fit in well at the Otres Corner Bar.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic