The Photobucket Blackmail scam

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

The Photobucket Blackmail scam

Post by vladimir »

Just surfing a few sites today, seems hundreds of thousands of people are affected by the scummy Photobucket move

Akira's motorcycle threads are screwed, they want around $400 to host photos/ year

Maybe start a Facebook hate page?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Re: The Photobucket Blackmail scam

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

vladimir wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:00 pm Just surfing a few sites today, seems hundreds of thousands of people are affected by the scummy Photobucket move

Akira's motorcycle threads are screwed, they want around $400 to host photos/ year

Don't worry Vlad, the hackers are on the case.

http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/pos ... ost-613943

This is not an isolated incident.
Last edited by AlonzoPartriz on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See crook!!!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

vladimir wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:00 pm Just surfing a few sites today, seems hundreds of thousands of people are affected by the scummy Photobucket move

:D
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Photofuckit!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

funny but all my photobucket pics still work and i pay nothing

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

I just checked mine and it's still there with access to my photos, it's still frustratingly fucking buggy.

Maybe I don't have enough photos to hold me for ransom, or they haven't got to me yet.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think they are using a bot that targets public viewing...just an idea
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

vladimir wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:33 pm I think they are using a bot that targets public viewing...just an idea
i dont think so as i use them for all my travel stories, and sofar they are all still up and view-able

I think its all about how much space of theirs ur using, I am only using .5 gigs of my free 2 gigs,
ONLY use PB for photos i am going to place somewhere online,would never keep all my photos there and for sure would never pay to store them on anyone else's site
or in the cloud for that matter
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Seasquatch wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:32 pm I just checked mine and it's still there with access to my photos, it's still frustratingly fucking buggy.

Maybe I don't have enough photos to hold me for ransom, or they haven't got to me yet.
its not access they are restricting its the ability to link the pictures to 3rd party sites
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:55 am
Seasquatch wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:32 pm I just checked mine and it's still there with access to my photos, it's still frustratingly fucking buggy.

its not access they are restricting its the ability to link the pictures to 3rd party sites
well jamie ,as u can see my photo is visible so ur theory is out the door :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic