The Photobucket Blackmail scam

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: The Photobucket Blackmail scam

Post by Cam Nivag »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:24 pm funny but all my photobucket pics still work and i pay nothing

On of the notices I got said my usage percentage was too high, i.e. 100% of the photos I uploaded were then shared on forums.

You might have photos uploaded that aren't shared on forums, which is why they are leaving you alone.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why do others share ur photos and how do u know others do?

The ONLY time i use PB is so i can place the image on a forum.i dont use it to "store" my photos as i think many do
Cant understand why anyone would use it for that vs having external drives or if ur making $$, having ur own Domain and site

i use https://www.tineye.com/ to see where someone has stolen my photo and posted it :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

No, I mean 100% of the time, when I upload a photo to photobucket, I then post it in on a forum. I didn't use it to otherwise store photos, I only used the service when I wanted to share a photo on a forum.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:59 am No, I mean 100% of the time, when I upload a photo to photobucket, I then post it in on a forum. I didn't use it to otherwise store photos, I only used the service when I wanted to share a photo on a forum.
same as me :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:59 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:55 am
Seasquatch wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:32 pm I just checked mine and it's still there with access to my photos, it's still frustratingly fucking buggy.

Maybe I don't have enough photos to hold me for ransom, or they haven't got to me yet.
its not access they are restricting its the ability to link the pictures to 3rd party sites
well jamie ,as u can see my photo is visible so ur theory is out the door :beer3:
its not really, seeing as youre a part of a very small minority
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

its not access they are restricting its the ability to link the pictures to 3rd party sites
They are ransoming access to the photos as well. I have about 1000 photos that I had posted on forums. Those links are dead now. Moreover, when I log into my account, I can see thumbnails of my photos but if I try to click through to them so as to download them or screenshot them, they are blocked.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:33 pm

They are ransoming access to the photos as well. I have about 1000 photos that I had posted on forums. Those links are dead now. Moreover, when I log into my account, I can see thumbnails of my photos but if I try to click through to them so as to download them or screenshot them, they are blocked.
my Photobucket still works as normal, the number of ads floating around has increased though
and when i try to link a picture on here i get...

but other than that i can access all my pictures like normal
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

I only use pb to put photos on forums(who the fuck stores photos?lol,) looking back through I was going to post some eye candy and found my pics are all scrambled if I click the share off the thumbnail, it gives me another photo. I have to go to the photo to get the direct link.

------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:OD:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Seasquatch wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:56 pm I only use pb to put photos on forums

(who the fuck stores photos?

lol,) looking back through I was going to post some eye candy and found my pics are all scrambled if I click the share off the thumbnail, it gives me another photo. I have to go to the photo to get the direct link.

Well I store photos. And thanks for these two.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic