Australian Tourist Mark Whitfield Dies in Lemon Tree Hotel From Apparent Overdose in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Whitfield Dies in Lemon Tree Hotel From Apparent Overdose in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by rozzieoz »

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Whitfield Dies in Lemon Tree Hotel From Apparent Overdose in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard »

:please:

he got what he came to Cambodia for ... the ultimate high
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

General Mackevili wrote:
rick_o'shea wrote:Cannot see the pics above

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Did you forget your glasses? Seriously though, I see them, and I've checked on multiple networks and devices.
What happened to your standard gushy, fluffy, "Oh thanks so much - this is the kind of feedback we need and why once again, CEO is THE best forum in a 3rd world country for finding out about dead expats and where to buy tacos and also why TOF blows goats. Hugs and kisses" responses when someone offers well thought out and constructive crticism?

rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

I now see the one photo when scrollin the list of unread threads on tapatalk, but no embedded photos when I click the thread. No biggie.

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

rick_o'shea wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:

Did you forget your glasses? Seriously though, I see them, and I've checked on multiple networks and devices.
What happened to your standard gushy, fluffy, "Oh thanks so much - this is the kind of feedback we need and why once again, CEO is THE best forum in a 3rd world country for finding out about dead expats and where to buy tacos and also why TOF blows goats. Hugs and kisses" responses when someone offers well thought out and constructive crticism?

Well, I did follow it with, "Seriously though..."
rick_o'shea wrote:I now see the one photo when scrollin the list of unread threads on tapatalk, but no embedded photos when I click the thread. No biggie.

Thank you for your valued feedback. The synergy today is off the charts. It's members in this community like you that help us innovate and improve the platform that we utilize and collaborate with one another, as we discuss global issues like this amongst our peers.

Is that better?

Really though, I don't know what the issue is, but I tried it on various devices and networks, and others can see them, so unfortunately it must be on your end, I'm afraid.

Try clearing cache. Thx.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

General Mackevili wrote:
rick_o'shea wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:

Well, I did follow it with, "Seriously though..."
rick_o'shea wrote:I now see the one photo when scrollin the list of unread threads on tapatalk, but no embedded photos when I click the thread. No biggie.

Thank you for your valued feedback. The synergy today is off the charts. It's members in this community like you that help us innovate and improve the platform that we utilize and collaborate with one another, as we discuss global issues like this amongst our peers.

Is that better?

Really though, I don't know what the issue is, but I tried it on various devices and networks, and others can see them, so unfortunately it must be on your end, I'm afraid.

Try clearing cache. Thx.
Cheers, will try that. Image

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Wow, that's mean. Another case of a holiday in drug paradise gone wrong. Terrible how many people manage to OD in Phnom Penh within days of arrival.
Have they named the drugs they took (or did I miss it ?) Opiates ?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Just wish all the druggies would stay at home, rather than come to Cambodia

Cambodian people must be sick of them as most tourists probably are too
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:07 am Just wish all the druggies would stay at home, rather than come to Cambodia

Cambodian people must be sick of them as most tourists probably are too
The old Cambodia had even more of the druggys, alcoholics and nutcases .

Then all of a sudden its hipsters, hiso temple tourists and vegen man buns on ever corner.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Anthony Falanga looks like the victim's Samoan Attorney.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic