Bruce Perkins (American Tourist) Dies in Cambodia's Skinniest Hotel ( Riverside's Harmony River Hotel, Phnom Penh)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bruce Perkins (American Tourist) Dies in Cambodia's Skinniest Hotel ( Riverside's Harmony River Hotel, Phnom Penh)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CAMBODIA NEWS: A 70 year old American tourist, Bruce Adrian Perkins, from Kentucky died of a heart attack in Phnom Penh's Harmony River Hotel on riverside, arguably Cambodia's skinniest hotel.

Details to follow, along with images and video from the scene in our Darknet News forum.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bruce Perkins (American Tourist) Dies in Cambodia's Skinniest Hotel ( Riverside's Harmony River Hotel, Phnom Penh)

This is not the first time that Harmony Hotel has been in the news on CEO because of an expat/foreigner death:
post101837.html?hilit=Harmony%20hotel#p101837 November 2015
post137624.html?hilit=Harmony%20hotel#p137624 August 2016
post160278.html?hilit=Harmony%20hotel#p160278 January 2017

The latest decease in their hotel is the fourth in less than two years.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Bruce Perkins (American Tourist) Dies in Cambodia's Skinniest Hotel ( Riverside's Harmony River Hotel, Phnom Penh)

Post by Cam Nivag »

I think 2 of the four deaths were at Harmony Hotel on Street 148.

This death was at Harmony River on Sisowath Quay.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:46 pm I think 2 of the four deaths were at Harmony Hotel on Street 148.

This death was at Harmony River on Sisowath Quay.
You're right, there are two different Harmony Hotels.

So, there were only two foreigners who passed away at Harmony River Hotel this year, and the other two occurred at Harmony Hotel St 148 in Dec 2015 and August 2016. But that's still not a good look for Harmony hotels, even if it's just a bad luck coincidence with the name.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

So, we're waiting on a fifth harmonic?

Sounds perfect.

But let's not fret.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Omg we are staying at Harmony Hotel this weekend. Should I be concerned ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm Omg we are staying at Harmony Hotel this weekend. Should I be concerned ? Lol
cue: AM and UT.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

rozzieoz wrote: Omg we are staying at Harmony Hotel this weekend. Should I be concerned ? Lol
Not at all. I'm sure it's perfectly safe...

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

rozzieoz wrote: Omg we are staying at Harmony Hotel this weekend. Should I be concerned ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be really concerned - this is the new "Horror Hotel"- great advertising.

How did you get on Roz ? Still alive ?
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

vladimir wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:41 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm Omg we are staying at Harmony Hotel this weekend. Should I be concerned ? Lol
cue: AM and UT.

it took a minute....but I get it.

funny and well said. :beer2:

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic