Manny Pacquiao Loses Contentious W.B.O. Title Fight to Jeff Horn

Title says it all really...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Manny Pacquiao Loses Contentious W.B.O. Title Fight to Jeff Horn

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

2 July 2017
BRISBANE, Australia — It went all the way and ended in a contentiously bitter loss, the opposite of the outcome Manny Pacquiao’s handlers predicted for his World Boxing Organization welterweight title fight against Jeff Horn.

Pacquiao’s longtime trainer, Freddie Roach, predicted a “short and sweet” knockout win for Pacquiao, the 11-time world champion, in Sunday’s so-called Battle of Brisbane, but Horn won a unanimous decision in his first world title fight, delighting the crowd of 51,052 — a record for Australian boxing — at his hometown Suncorp Stadium.

Pacquiao, a 38-year-old Philippines senator, arrived in Brisbane a week before the fight with a chartered plane carrying more than a hundred supporters. He was favored to beat Horn but will leave without the W.B.O. belt.

All three judges awarded the bout to Horn, with Waleska Roldan scoring it 117-111 and Chris Flores and Ramon Cerdan both scoring it 115-113...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/02/spor ... -horn.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Manny Pacquiao Loses Contentious W.B.O. Title Fight to Jeff Horn

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

‘Unfair decision’, says Pacquiao
MANILA (AFP) – Philippine boxing legend Manny Pacquiao urged the World Boxing Organization (WBO) to review the “unfair decision and officiating” after losing his welterweight title to Australia’s Jeff Horn.

Pacquiao endorsed a formal call by the Philippines’ Games and Amusement Board for the WBO to review the outcome of Sunday’s fight in Brisbane.
“I love boxing and I don’t wanna see it dying because of unfair decision and officiating,” Pacquiao, 38, said yesterday.
“I had already accepted the decision but as a leader and, at the same time, fighter I have the moral obligation to uphold sportsmanship, truth and fairness in the eyes of the public.”

In the twilight of a 22-year pro career in which he won world titles in an unprecedented eight weight divisions, Pacquiao had initially called for a rematch, but later said he would also “think hard” about retiring.
Widely written off by observers, Horn, 29, shocked Pacquiao with his ultra-aggressiveness to earn a unanimous 12-round decision...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/40025/ ... -pacquiao/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

tbh after watching the fight again the next day, originally i had Manny winning, with Horn finishing stronger, i actually had Horn winning the fight 115-113, the same as 2 of the other judges, even if you give Manny a 10-8 round for the 9th round, that would still be 114-113
the first time i watched it i watched it on ESPN with Yank commentators who were very vocal and Pro-Manny (which probably influenced my mind the first time i watched it)
the 2nd time i watched it i watched it on Boxnation with English commentators who were a far more neutral and less bias stand
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:49 am“I had already accepted the decision but as a leader and, at the same time, fighter I have the moral obligation to uphold sportsmanship, truth and fairness in the eyes of the public.”
Yeah, right.

I wonder if someone almost lost another $5000, LOL?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic