Colonoscopy

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Colonoscopy

Post by Popeye »

Where in Phnom Penh does one go for a camera up one's arse ????
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Colonoscopy

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I'm sure you will find a suitable candidate on 136 to do it for you. Try candy bar.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Popeye wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:04 pm Where in Phnom Penh does one go for a camera up one's arse ????
http://royalphnompenhhospital.com/gastr ... -packages/

$437.00 + a few incedentals. $500 all in (the butt)
Sorry I can't help it. I have a juvenille mind. :beer3:

Very professional staff. Clean like a hospital shoud be. My only complaint. The cafeteria food is over priced.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

would it not be much cheaper and better in Thailand?
Richard?
Thailand has one of the best affordable health systems on earth it seems to me.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:35 pm would it not be much cheaper and better in Thailand?
Richard?
Thailand has one of the best affordable health systems on earth it seems to me.
A colonoscopy at an inexpensive private hospital in Bangkok, such as Camillian on Thonglor, is going to run you 10k - 15k. Pricing for that is actually available online. They are running a package special right now:

http://www.camillianhospital.org/en/

By the time you pay for the flight, there is going to be little difference to just doing it in Phnom Penh. If you wanted to do it at a first class facility like Bumrungrad, it would probably be more expensive to come to Thailand.

You could get a cheaper price if you went to a government hospital like Chulalongkorn. Not sure how much but my guess is it would probably run you around 7000 - 8000 baht. Still don't think it would be worth it if you can get it done in the Kingdom of Wonder for $500. Unless you are planning to come to Thailand anyway, I don't think you'll save very much. Thailand is a better option for more expensive surgeries, but for basic procedures the transportation overhead is going to eat up most of the price advantage.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

There is a Dr. near Wat Phnom that was recommended to us when my missus needed a colonoscopy done last year. Khmer but German qualifications. Extremely well equipped and knowledgeable. Did a great job. He did 2 separate tests on 2 consecutive days. 1st was the one down the throat ( can't remember what its called) 2nd was up the clacker, the actual colonoscopy. Was very impressed with him. Cost was just over $400. He did mention he does a cheaper price for Khmer. I have his card back on the mainland, and will get you his name and number next time I'm over there, which will be next Wednesday (12th).
Everything turned out to be ok btw!
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Paid 250 USD in the Phils. Thais in Sri Racha had quoted me a ridiculous price and insisted on keeping me overnite for 'observation.' (900 USD and up)

In the Phils I got that prescription which made me shit all out and had a not so funny night. Went to the hospital, was put to sleep, and all was done within less than an hour. Even got a cd with the movie but never watched it.

My take is that public Thai hospitals, minimum level provincial hospital, are fine. Important would be to avoid that night in the hospital. I would be very careful with Cambodian places as being put to sleep involves a risk and I simply - perhaps wrongly - do not trust doctors here (too much). The Bangkok Hospital group place in PP should be ok but I reckon is as overpriced as their Thai branches.

Sattahip should be good as doctors know English. Perhaps Vietnam is another good option. Just 6 hrs from PP to HCMC. Definitely worthwhile exploring and posting on Viet forums.

PS: I m sure clients familiar with shorter pipes up their butt can request no anesthetics to savor the experience but this surely for a price.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Bangkok Hospital in Trat has a Gastro Doc visit from Chantaburi - very good service and I a both end inspection a few years ago 2012 I think - can not remember the price- guess around $400-500 total for both prodecures- but he stuck me on some pills that sort of rebalanced my digestive system and its been fine since then.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

Hotdigr wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:20 am There is a Dr. near Wat Phnom that was recommended to us when my missus needed a colonoscopy done last year. Khmer but German qualifications. Extremely well equipped and knowledgeable. Did a great job. He did 2 separate tests on 2 consecutive days. 1st was the one down the throat ( can't remember what its called) 2nd was up the clacker, the actual colonoscopy. Was very impressed with him. Cost was just over $400. He did mention he does a cheaper price for Khmer. I have his card back on the mainland, and will get you his name and number next time I'm over there, which will be next Wednesday (12th).
Everything turned out to be ok btw!
Will be happy to hear from you in regards to where to go near Wat Phnom.
Regards.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Popeye wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:51 am Will be happy to hear from you in regards to where to go near Wat Phnom.
Regards.
:thumb:
I will post the details Thursday afternoon when I get back mate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic