Australian woman saves Thai woman from drowning at Phuket beach

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Australian woman saves Thai woman from drowning at Phuket beach

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A happy ending in this story from Phuket last week.

PHUKET - On Monday June 26th, an Australian woman came to the rescue of a Thai woman who was close to drowning at Karon Beach.

Facebook user Thanawat Vinitpairoj posted photos along with a message which read, “Late in the afternoon while I was taking photos of two Australian women and their child on Karon Beach, one of the women ran down to the sea, took off her trousers and jumped into the water, swimming out towards a woman who was close to drowning.”“I looked for a lifeguard but could not see one, but this woman saved a Thai lady from drowning.
The Australian woman changed her clothes and then walked back down towards the water where she was hugged by the other foreign woman. She is a hero.”
The Phuket News later contacted Thanawat, who explained further, “A Thai woman and a Thai man were playing in the surf, but suddenly they got hit by a large wave.
The man managed to get back to shore using a surfboard but the woman was stranded out at sea. One of the Australian women swam out to help her without any hesitation,” he said...
http://pattayaone.news/en/australian-woman-saves-thai/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Australian woman saves Thai woman from drowning at Phuket beach

Post by epidemiks »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:

Facebook user Thanawat Vinitpairoj posted photos along with a message which read, “Late in the afternoon while I was taking photos of two Australian women and their child on Karon Beach,
Doesn't sound at all creepy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic