The good old days

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: The good old days

Post by phuketrichard » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

question Shnoukiebro
where /when was the last place u went that you thought was interesting, that millions of other tourists haven't been too?

I can a name a half dozen in the past year
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: The good old days

Post by shnoukieBRO » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:30 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm
question Shnoukiebro
where /when was the last place u went that you thought was interesting, that millions of other tourists haven't been too?

I can a name a half dozen in the past year
Kinda pointless question PR, especially since i don't travel especially to AVOID Tourists, like you do, (although i have in the past). Actually i travel to mostly enjoy the experience of being in a different Culture.

Recent trip was to Vietnam/Laos/ Thailand /Cambodia, mostly to see how they had changed since last visit, but also went to new places i never went to before. Incidentally they were nice and chilled, with just 'trickles' of tourists, but nice tourists anyhow.

I also travelled in the low season. Thing is, i tend to avoid so called party places that are too busy with tourists, with the exception of places like Snookie, or Pattaya, which have interesting vibes. Otherwise i'm a traveller who prefers a bit of middle of the road travels, so to speak.

You have to also realise that just because the place you went to didn't have tourists, doesn't necessarily mean that was the case previously. Maybe you just went in the low season. :D

:beer3:
Better hip beach days on Ko Rong!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic