More street violence by Chinese in Sihanoukville; 36 arrested.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: More street violence by Chinese in Sihanoukville; 36 arrested.

Post by Hotdigr »

Ronny wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:29 am Hotdgr, if you don't want to be labelled as being something then stop acting the part. Blaming whites for turning S-ville into what you see as something undesirable is both ignorant and foolish. When a tourist area is cheap and not yet fully established then of course it's going to attract lower income tourists but that doesn't mean white tourists made S-ville into what it is. I've lived half my life in Asia and I know what I'm talking about so don't waste your time pretending to know something that you know little or nothing about because it makes you look like a total fool. When I don't know something I usually just shut up, listen, and learn. Maybe you should do the same, you schmuck...
I have never "blamed the whites for turning Sihanoukville into something undesirable". My point was and still is, is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I made no personal attacks on you, so why did you start on me? I have actually lived in Sihanoukville for 5 years now, I know what I have seen and experienced.
Your vast wealth of knowledge about Asia is completely irrelevant to this post if said experience hasn't been in Sihanoukville btw.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

Point taken. But your first post did obviously imply that whites were to blame for making S-ville what it is today. I can go back and quote from that post if you want me to.
jayblues
Expatriate

Post by jayblues »

Looks like the quality nature loving tourists that Pattaya is trying to attract. They must have gotten lost.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Convicts as labourers, that explains a few things.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

lurcio wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:57 pm Seems half the people I know in Sihanoukville have been turfed out of their accommodation to make way for Chinese at least once in the last couple of years.
Now today it has happened to me.

'Hello Sir, please leave the apartment today as we have rented the whole building.'

I have found a new place (fingers crossed - signing contract tomorrow) and been kindly given 2 days grace to move me and all my stuff (which is a shed load).
If it happens again at the new place then it is fire sale time and goodbye Sihanoukville.

And if anyone is searching for a decent sized SHV apartment with sep. bedroom and balcony PM me as the more barang in my new place the less likely I'll be tossed out onto the streets again with no warning. (Between LV and Don Bosco)
For years I've been staying at a hotel/guesthouse near the lion roundabout but on a visit last month I couldn't work out why they were not answering the phones when I tried to call them from Phnom Penh.
When I eventually arrived they said the guesthouse was closed and then not in the business any more. The building was all closed up (quite a big building) Then the next day I saw them all sitting round playing cards and I suppose they figure they have done some huge deal and now all the worries are over forever.
I wonder if they have any idea what they will do when the China Ponzi collapses....................
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

More street violence by Chinese in Sihanoukville; 36 arrested.

Post by rozzieoz »

I have the inside scoop.
A Chinese guy beat up a Khmer girl in Rocky bar. She ran to another bar and a group was rounded up to go and teach the Chinese a lesson.
Told to GF by someone who works at the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:42 pm I have the inside scoop.
A Chinese guy beat up a Khmer girl in Rocky bar. She ran to another bar and a group was rounded up to go and teach the Chinese a lesson.

So it all started on the beach ?
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:42 pm I have the inside scoop.

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Yeah, I've seen photos of the girl, there was a lot of blood

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:06 pm Yeah, I've seen photos of the girl, there was a lot of blood

Hope the perpetrator got his "comeuppance" and the girl is ok.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic