White Woman Tries Durian For The First Time in Cambodia (pictures)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: White Woman Tries Durian For The First Time in Cambodia (pictures)

Post by King Keil »

Actually it tastes very good. Saw real emotions from a thai security lady when I tried to smuggle one into the mrt.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

The smell from durian is way overrated if you compare it to some barang that has not had a shower or changed his clothes for a few days. Then there is the strong smell of what some people would call perfume that some females wear, which irritates my sinuses and makes me want to sneeze.
We also shouldn't get into discussing the smell of the sewer water that flows into the river along riverside as it was a gift from the Japanese to display their latest technology in sewer treatment, and someone might get upset.

Give me the smell of durian any day.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I'm not gonna say I would never try it but I banned it from the house. The missus doesn't really listen so well and thought she could maybe just sneak it past me or something. Everything else in the fridge smelled like it.

Its not a smell I like, but its not a gag inducing smell either, its just so overpowering. But one could get used to it I suppose.

They say, never say never. I have said I would never eat insects, I hold true to that claim; yet if I was starving ...
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

Smell like hell, taste like heaven.

Another thing I like about durian, it is quite a social dish and have been invited a few times by strangers to sit in on a scoff.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Durian doesn't smell that bad to me, I've smelt worse stinks. Maybe it's a genetic thing, like people who can't taste coriander properly.
Ian
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ian »

eating "Cambodian Style" with mouth open and sound effects. She is carrying on like she copped a mouthful of JISM
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:24 am Durian doesn't smell that bad to me, I've smelt worse stinks. Maybe it's a genetic thing, like people who can't taste coriander properly.
Funnily enough, I do not ind the smell and, in small doses, actually like it. It is the texture that I really hate. Like something that has been decaying for weeks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic