CryptoCurrency Trading - Anyone doing this?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
odpadnik
Tourist
Germany

Re: CryptoCurrency Trading - Anyone doing this?

Post by odpadnik »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:03 am
kptic wrote:If you buy BTC or any crypto now, you aren't an investor, you are a speculator. And, at $6,000 per coin, you will need to gamble lots of money to make any real money this late in the BTC game. Then, if the party ends, you will be seriously butt hurt. I bought BTC when it was valued around $2,000, so I'm feeling good about it, but I recently sold enough to make back my original investment, so if it tanks, I won't have lost anything at all.

Take a look at other cryptocurrencies like LiteCoin and Ethereum. LTC is selling for around $70, so you can buy about 85 of them for the price of 1 bitcoin. If 85 LTC all go up $5 in a day, you will have made more than if your 1 BTC goes up $80 in a day.
Hmmm, I disagree with some of your wording on that. I don't see any technical difference in those 2 scenarios. Nobody "knew" it would go up to $6000 years ago, and nobody knows what it will go up to now. It goes without saying that the lower the price was when you bought it, the more likely you are to have the potential to cash out with higher profits at some later stage, but it's the same game.

The way you word it makes it sound like you must invest, I mean "speculate," at least $6,000 for an entire BitCoin, but you can still invest as little or as much as you want. Shit, I don't even have a full fucking BitCoin myself, LoL.

I went ahead and bought $100 worth of ETH yesterday, and was also pleasantly surprised to find my roughly $90 worth of Bitcoin Cash. I should do the same with LiteCoin next too.

Not shopping for sailboats just yet though...
So General... I think we can all agree that it's still preety much speculative at this point. Nobody can say for sure where crypto will go, it's basically like the Internet back in the 1990's.

However, as with any other form of investment (correct me if I am wrong) you never go all in. Personally I just invested what I knew that I can live without, in the unlikely case, that the whole cryptomarket goes down the drain.

Like you, I got a small % of a Bitcoin and half an ETH :D Also some spare change around some ALtCoins. With the AltCoins I didn't invest for imense profit, but because the idea behind them was something I liked. If the company (or the project) goes live and makes it, great.. I'll have won either way. If not, can't say that I sold my kidneys for that.

2018 didn't get into a good start, and the lastest Bitcoin scandal with CP didn't help, prices on the list of digital currencies / are all in red.

Take it as a 3-5 year investment. If I made 100% profit at that point, I'll be happy.

IF not, not a big deal. Leaving that cash in a bank somewhere, would expose it to inflation, so I'd basically come out with a break-even.

Or am I missing something?
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Crypto isn’t like the internet. Blockchain is more like it. But not really.
I stopped reading after that tosh.

Speculators buy crypto to make profit in fiat. Duh.
odpadnik
Tourist
Germany

Post by odpadnik »

bangkokhooker wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 pm Crypto isn’t like the internet. Blockchain is more like it. But not really.
I stopped reading after that tosh.

Speculators buy crypto to make profit in fiat. Duh.
Can't tell me, that there is not 1 single person out there who buys crypto because they believe in the upcoming service - company - product?
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

Bitcoin uses more energy than Kuwait.
1 bitcoin transaction is equal to 800k Visa transactions.

Nuts!
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

bangkokhooker wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:43 pm https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

Bitcoin uses more energy than Kuwait.
1 bitcoin transaction is equal to 800k Visa transactions.

Nuts!
Oh my! That is so shocking! :shock:

Oh.. wait..

I guess it depends on who you ask.. or rather : who you want to believe.

Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
darkhmeranet
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by darkhmeranet »

i sell btc in spot price ...only service fee, limited btc... i also have some good connections on local btc to advise you to buy with lower commisions... let me know if you interest [email protected]. thanks
odpadnik
Tourist
Germany

Post by odpadnik »

darkhmeranet wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 pm i sell btc in spot price ...only service fee, limited btc... i also have some good connections on local btc to advise you to buy with lower commisions... let me know if you interest [email protected]. thanks

Well, I rather stick to the official stuff. I signed up to a officially licensed and regulated crypto platform called Kriptomat.

They still accept open-beta signups, so get your piece of the pie, if you want some BTC or ETH.

As I know, they also have a referral programme.

Carry on and HODL :hattip:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Notice for anyone using the Poloniex Exchange.

They now require all account holders to prove their identity. If you haven't already done so, when you log in to your account you will find that your account has been frozen (temporarily) and you cannot trade at all.
The process is simple. Just follow the online prompts to upload some form of ID (passport, drivers license, etc) and a head shot photo.
We are now requiring that all legacy Poloniex accounts become verified through the latest version of our verification portal. If you have a legacy account, you will not have the ability to use Poloniex until your profile verification is complete. We are asking everyone to take action within the next 14 days. We appreciate your cooperation in this process.
Posted by Poloniex Team at 2018-05-27 05:46:49
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I wonder if this had anything to do with GDPR.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:13 pm I wonder if this had anything to do with GDPR.
Has as much to do with the GDPR as today being Memorial Day in the US.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic