American Expat in Hanoi, Vietnam Saved By Girlfriend From Road Rage Beat Down Involving Vietnamese Men (VIDEO)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

American Expat in Hanoi, Vietnam Saved By Girlfriend From Road Rage Beat Down Involving Vietnamese Men (VIDEO)

Post by General Mackevili »

This video taken in Hanoi, Vietnam shows a nasty exchange of violence between a male foreigner (American, based on his accent) after a minor traffic incident.

Apparently a Vietnamese man in a car ran over the foreigner's foot, who was on a motorbike with his girlfriend, and when he ran over his foot, the foreigner hit he car's side mirror, breaking it.

The Vietnamese driver got out and a fight persued.

The foreigner's Vietnamese girlfriend stood in the middle of them, successfully breaking up the fight and managed to push her boyfriend a safe distance away from the street.

The Vietnamese man picks up a brick and starts running towards the foreigner and she steps in again.

At this point the pissed off local dude was upset that she was preventing the fight and hit her on the helmet; seeing this the foreigner jumped back into the fight, which another Vietnamese had already joined in to beat the foreigner, and just when it was starting to look really nasty, the police arrived and the commotion stopped.

It's reported that they were all taken to the police station, where they all decided to just walk away in peace.

She deserves the "girlfriend of the year award.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
S3xyM0nk3y
Tourist
Mexico

Post by S3xyM0nk3y »

That's pretty lady , Yep i am heading to Vietnam ..

Sent from my Dishwasher
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: American Expat in Hanoi, Vietnam Saved By Girlfriend From Road Rage Beat Down Involving Vietnamese Men (VIDEO)

Post by Cam Nivag »

If a guy were punching me in the head I wouldn't take off my helmet
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: American Expat in Hanoi, Vietnam Saved By Girlfriend From Road Rage Beat Down Involving Vietnamese Men (VIDEO)

Post by hanno »

Never, ever get in a fight in Vietnam. I learned this more than 20 years ago (also in Ha Noi). Some little prick hit me and my GF and words ensued. Next thing I was fighting against 20 of the fcukers who also used bricks. I ended up in hospital. No locals helped, that was for sure.
lindastyles
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by lindastyles »

Moral of the story: Hold your horse when you're on foreign land.
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:58 am If a guy were punching me in the head I wouldn't take off my helmet
:thumb: Damn right. If I was unfortunate enough to get into a situation and was fortunate enough to be wearing a helmet it would be both shield and weapon.
hatchelt
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by hatchelt »

Soooo, I take it all local police are that useless?
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

hatchelt wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:03 pm Soooo, I take it all local police are that useless?
I think it's more a case of foreigners being at a disadvantage for a number of reasons
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic